• Need Motivated :(

From KrUpTiOn@21:2/105.1 to All on Wed Dec 5 07:39:34 2018
    All,

I have SOOO much to do, with little motivation! :( Here's my list:

I bought frontierbbs.net so I need to transfer 5 of my BBSes addresses. Not sure if I can do it, but.. Say, can I link (example) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/(port)23 to thenew.frontierbbs.net? Since I have several BBSes, I would like to link the IP and port to a domain, and they all have the same IP, but different ports.

I need to figure out how to configure my Grandstream VOIP. Can't figure out how to get to the web interface. I can't find what the default IP is (No, I don't have a VOIP/POTS Phone). I want to cofigure it to use my Google Voice number. (Thanks for the idea! I forgot who told me I could do that)

I need to finish this website for CyberBBS (Sorry Chad, I'm gonna get it done bro!) My healt hasn't been all that great lately so... (I don't need help with this!)

I wanna configure/finish setting up Enigma! With all the new stuff added since I last played with it, I'm VERY anxious to get that up... like.. I have a vision! (Don't need help setting that up, but I am gonna bug the hell outta NuSkooler! hehe! Thanks Bro for the chats!)

I need to figure out why or how did ALL my messages get deleted from my Mystic BBS. I didn't run anything different, two days ago, I logged in, and all the message bases were empty! NO idea why... and noticed that it deleted messages again yesterday. so they were empty again)

That's my TO-DO list! :)
    Regards,
    KrUpTiOn
    --- SBBSecho 3.04-Linux
    * Origin: thenewfrontier2.hopto.org:2333 (Akron, OH) (21:2/105.1)
  • From apam@21:1/125 to KrUpTiOn on Thu Dec 6 11:26:32 2018
    I bought frontierbbs.net so I need to transfer 5 of my BBSes
    addresses. Not sure if I can do it, but.. Say, can I link (example) xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/(port)23 to thenew.frontierbbs.net? Since I have
    several BBSes, I would like to link the IP and port to a domain, and
    they all have the same IP, but different ports.

You can setup multiple A records, like thenew.frontierbbs.net etc but
    unless they're on different IPs you'll still have to use the different
    ports. That is, you could have

thenew.frontierbbs.net:23

theother.frontierbbs.net:2323

etc

but not

theother.frontierbbs.net:23

Hope that helps.

Andrew

--- MagickaBBS v0.12alpha (Linux/x86_64)
    * Origin: The Fat Sandwich - sandwich.hopto.org:2023 (21:1/125)
  • From KrUpTiOn@21:2/105.1 to apam on Thu Dec 6 17:49:36 2018
    Re: RE: Need Motivated :(
    By: apam to KrUpTiOn on Thu Dec 06 2018 11:26 am

You can setup multiple A records, like thenew.frontierbbs.net etc but unless they're on different IPs you'll still have to use the different ports. That is, you could have

thenew.frontierbbs.net:23

theother.frontierbbs.net:2323

etc

but not

theother.frontierbbs.net:23

Hope that helps.

Yeah it does help... :( That's what I wanted to do, but figured I prolly couldn't. like, I wanted to set up each BBS up, but without having different ports. Was hoping it was a way of 'tricking'...making xxx.xxx.xxxxxx/xx if it wasn't 23, it would go to the domain name. Guess I'll just have to do it the 'right' way! :(

Thanks!
    Regards,
    KrUpTiOn
    --- SBBSecho 3.04-Linux
    * Origin: thenewfrontier2.hopto.org:2333 (Akron, OH) (21:2/105.1)
  • From Vk3jed@21:1/109 to KrUpTiOn on Sat Dec 8 17:27:00 2018
    On 12-06-18 17:49, KrUpTiOn wrote to apam <=-

Yeah it does help... :( That's what I wanted to do, but figured I
    prolly couldn't. like, I wanted to set up each BBS up, but without
    having different ports. Was hoping it was a way of 'tricking'...making xxx.xxx.xxxxxx/xx if it wasn't 23, it would go to the domain name.
    Guess I'll just have to do it the 'right' way! :(

Only way to avoid using different ports is to get an additional public IP (e.g. via VPN), which is what I've done. :)

... These mating rituals you humans indulge in are quite disgusting.
    === MultiMail/Win v0.51
    --- SBBSecho 3.03-Linux
    * Origin: Freeway BBS Bendigo,Australia freeway.apana.org.au (21:1/109)