• Your MagickaBBS

From bcw142@21:1/145 to KrUpTiOn on Wed Jun 13 12:12:24 2018
    I see you've been working on a current MagickaBBS. Did new and got on but:

1 ) Tiny's Hangman

Didn't work, just aborted, work in progress I guess ;)
    Couldn't leave feedback or do a number of things, maybe because I was new
    to it? Or because it's so new ;)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Mystic Pi BBS bcw142.zapto.org (21:1/145)
  • From KrUpTiOn@21:2/105 to bcw142 on Thu Jun 14 02:01:40 2018
    On 06/13/18, bcw142 said the following...

I see you've been working on a current MagickaBBS. Did new and got on
    but:

1 ) Tiny's Hangman

Didn't work, just aborted, work in progress I guess ;)
    Couldn't leave feedback or do a number of things, maybe because I was new to it? Or because it's so new ;)

I've been having a few problems with magicka and doors since I've been
    running it. Hoping to have some free time soon to tweak and see why I can't figure out why the doors won't run. Got everything thing else pretty much working but the doors, the leave a comment to sysop option, think that might
    be a magicka issue, never messed with that, I'll look into it! :)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: New Frontier 2| thenewfrontier2.hopto.org (Ohio) (21:2/105)
  • From bcw142@21:1/145.3 to KrUpTiOn on Fri Jun 15 06:19:12 2018
    On 06/14/18, KrUpTiOn said the following...

I've been having a few problems with magicka and doors since I've been running it. Hoping to have some free time soon to tweak and see why I can't figure out why the doors won't run. Got everything thing else
    pretty much working but the doors, the leave a comment to sysop option, think that might be a magicka issue, never messed with that, I'll look into it! :)

Yes, have a look when you get time ;) I was looking at Magicka and such to
    see what I want to try next and the newer ones are so different I know it
    will take quite a while to get used to them. Mystic was grounded in the older systems even though it now has servers, I started before all that so it was more like the older ones I had run. Magicka uses a database to keep track of things, older ones kind of built their own for user lists and such. Also
    there is more web stuff in Magicka more to Internet standards than Fidonet standards. It still needs Fidonet standard for message I/O, but could use database, java and such for everything else.

* Origin: Workpoint (21:1/145.3)
  • From KrUpTiOn@21:2/105 to bcw142 on Sun Jun 17 07:39:32 2018
    On 06/15/18, bcw142 said the following...

Yes, have a look when you get time ;) I was looking at Magicka and such
    to see what I want to try next and the newer ones are so different I
    know it will take quite a while to get used to them. Mystic was grounded in the older systems even though it now has servers, I started before
    all that so it was more like the older ones I had run. Magicka uses a database to keep track of things, older ones kind of built their own for user lists and such. Also there is more web stuff in Magicka more to Internet standards than Fidonet standards. It still needs Fidonet
    standard for message I/O, but could use database, java and such for everything else.

Yeah, Magicka is still a work in progress, I do like it. I wish it was a lil easier to configure and troubleshoot. There are more things that I like than disklike, but it's still in alpha. :) Yeah, the web part IS pretty nice!

* Origin: New Frontier 2| thenewfrontier2.hopto.org (Ohio) (21:2/105)