• Raspberry Pi 3 B+

From Datalus@21:4/120 to All on Fri May 18 20:19:54 2018
    Howdy everyone I have been reading and watching different videos about Pi's
    and I think I confused myself more that I've learned So the question which linux should I install? There is a lot of versions out there. I was going to
    do a Apple Pi and install mac 9.3 but i dont know always wanted a mac. So how about some suggestions. Apple pi or Linux Parrot or ? Boot from external
    drive? Thanks Datalus

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A39 2018/04/21 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Skylab Systems BBS (21:4/120)
  • From garycrunk@21:4/126 to Datalus on Fri May 18 21:04:14 2018

----=[ Gary Crunk * Another F-ing BBS * anotherbbs.bbsindex.com ]=----

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A34 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Another F-ing BBS (21:4/126)
  • From Al@21:4/106 to Datalus on Fri May 18 23:34:48 2018
    Re: Raspberry Pi 3 B+
    By: Datalus to All on Fri May 18 2018 08:19 pm

Howdy everyone I have been reading and watching different videos about Pi's and I think I confused myself more that I've learned So the question which linux should I install?

Debian based Raspian is the #1 tried and true distro but there is no reason not to install whatever you like as long as it's compiled for the Pi (ARM)

There is a lot of versions out there. I was going to do a Apple Pi and install mac 9.3 but i dont know always wanted a mac. So how about some suggestions.

Apple Pi sounds like a nice experiment. I have been looking at Pi's lately and a friend suggested I look into Rock64 also. A bit more power and ram apparrently but also power consumption I suppose. You'd use an ext USB drive with that so not have to use an SD card. I did a quick search but couldn't find any info so I'll have to check back at the source to find out more about what it is.

Ttyl :-),
    Al

... But that trick never works! -Rocky
    --- SBBSecho 3.04-Linux
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (21:4/106)
  • From Avon@21:1/101 to Datalus on Sat May 19 17:38:52 2018
    On 05/18/18, Datalus pondered and said...

Howdy everyone I have been reading and watching different videos about Pi's and I think I confused myself more that I've learned So the
    question which linux should I install? There is a lot of versions out there. I was going to do a Apple Pi and install mac 9.3 but i dont know always wanted a mac. So how about some suggestions. Apple pi or Linux Parrot or ? Boot from external drive? Thanks Datalus

The only two I really know of are n00bs and Raspberian ?? and it's the latter that I have used... which I think is an debian style linux..

Hope that helps...

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From James Digriz@21:4/128 to Datalus on Sun May 20 12:01:18 2018
    Datalus wrote to All:
    Howdy everyone I have been reading and watching different videos about
    Pi's
    and I think I confused myself more that I've learned So the question which linux should I install? There is a lot of versions out there. I was going to
    do a Apple Pi and install mac 9.3 but i dont know always wanted a mac. So how
    about some suggestions. Apple pi or Linux Parrot or ? Boot from external drive? Thanks Datalus

* Origin: Skylab Systems BBS (21:4/120)

Don't have a Pi here (yet), but if you happen to try OpenWRT/LEDE let us know how it goes. I've used it on assorted D-Link, Netgear, Linksys, Ubiquiti, and Senao/Engenius routers/APs, plus real and virtualized x86 and x86_64, and have be very happy with it. Looking for a bbs package that will run under it without
    too much work right now.

Greetings, James Digriz
    email: jbdigriz@bbs.dragonsweb.org

--- MBSE BBS v1.0.7.6 (GNU/Linux-x86_64)
    * Origin: DragonsWeb Labs (21:4/128)