• Inter-BBS Update for Feb 14th

From NIA01@21:2/108 to All on Wed Feb 14 16:17:12 2018
    Thank for the feedback everyone.

I added a split screen so people are not overwriting each other anymore. I updated the command to make them more intuitive. /quit /help /who
    Fixed the backspace key.

I have been testing with rlogon and passing the user name. It works but I am getting some text appended to the user name. So I will have to figure what
    that is all about.

ray

National Incident Alerts
    telnet://niabbs.com
    www.nationalincidentalerts.com

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A35 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: NIA BBS (21:2/108)
  • From GeekDoctor@21:1/112 to NIA01 on Wed Feb 14 18:15:22 2018
    Thank for the feedback everyone.

I added a split screen so people are not overwriting each other anymore.
    I updated the command to make them more intuitive. /quit /help /who
    Fixed the backspace key.

I have been testing with rlogon and passing the user name. It works but
    I am getting some text appended to the user name. So I will have to
    figure what that is all about.

This will be good once it's in a presentable state. Obviously not for users quite yet.

The more I see these Inter-BBS add-ons, including the oneliners, I think it would be nice to see a BBS branding option that could be passed through as well. The idea I had in mind is actually relatively simple. You have one set layout, but different underlying colors setup as each of the major foreground colors. Then they just pass through what color they want which would match their individual board. So you'd just pass through /grey or /red or /blue and the color scheme/framework presented to the user would match the board they're on.

I'm obviously thinking way ahead of the game since there's other pressing matters to accomplish yet, but it's something to think about.

Russell Wiley aka GeekDoctor
    Chief Engineer
    The New Frontier ][
    telnet: thenewfrontier2.hopto.org

PS. Yes, I'm on Black Flag as Chuck had a major Linux malfunction last night and is in the middle of rebuilding his system. Thank goodness I have most of the BBS backed up on my end or it would be back to square one. :)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A38 2018/01/01 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: ACiD Telnet HQ / blackflag.acid.org (21:1/112)