• Door Game help: ISA

From Lupine Furmen@21:4/102 to All on Sat Jan 20 03:29:24 2018
    I have tried posting this to the FIDOnet Door games echo, but have not gotten
    a response, so going to try my luck over here... :)

I have ISA installed, it will run fine one time, but then when I try to play again the next day I get an error message saying that the player data was not saved and I end up having to reset the game and start over, only to have it happen again the next day.

Does anyone have any ideas about this issue?

-Dallas Vinson

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A31 (Windows)
    * Origin: Before the Web (21:4/102)
  • From Black Panther@21:1/186 to Lupine Furmen on Sat Jan 20 16:44:52 2018
    On 01/20/18, Lupine Furmen said the following...

I have ISA installed, it will run fine one time, but then when I try to play again the next day I get an error message saying that the player
    data was not saved and I end up having to reset the game and start over, only to have it happen again the next day.

Is there a nightly maintenance that needs to be run? It's been forever since
    I had ISA running. I might have to take a look at it tonight, and see what happens.

---

Black Panther
    a.k.a. Dan Richter
    Sysop - Castle Rock BBS (RCS)
    The sparrows are flying again....

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A38 2018/01/01 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Castle Rock BBS - bbs.castlerockbbs.com (21:1/186)
  • From Black Panther@21:1/186 to Lupine Furmen on Sun Jan 21 16:06:24 2018
    On 01/20/18, Lupine Furmen said the following...

I have ISA installed, it will run fine one time, but then when I try to play again the next day I get an error message saying that the player
    data was not saved and I end up having to reset the game and start over, only to have it happen again the next day.

Alright. I got it installed last night, and played it. Everything ran smoothly.

Today, when I went to play the game, I got the same message that you are receiving, about player data not being saved.

I'm going to play around with the data files, and see if I can figure
    something out... Strange...

---

Black Panther
    a.k.a. Dan Richter
    Sysop - Castle Rock BBS (RCS)
    The sparrows are flying again....

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A38 2018/01/01 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Castle Rock BBS - bbs.castlerockbbs.com (21:1/186)