• XQ-FGMA bug

From deepthaw@21:2/136 to xqtr on Wed Dec 6 10:12:18 2017
    Installed your listing program for file/message groups/areas, and I think I found a bug in it.

In the file group lister at least, it appears to be jumping to the file group based on the order in which they're listed. Since mine have been shuffled and aren't in order, that makes me jump to the wrong base.

(For instance, if fsxNet stuff is listed fifth, selecting it as my new file group makes it jump to the file group with an ID of 5. But 5 might be FidoNet stuff.)

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A36 2017/12/03 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Deep Space '94 * telnet://deepspace94.com * fnord (21:2/136)
  • From Accession@21:1/200 to deepthaw on Wed Dec 6 17:14:18 2017
    On 12/06/17, deepthaw said the following...

(For instance, if fsxNet stuff is listed fifth, selecting it as my new file group makes it jump to the file group with an ID of 5. But 5 might
    be FidoNet stuff.)

Is this a Mystic mod?

If so, the options usually point to the group numbers, specifically. If
    that's the case, edit the menu options for those choices, and change what
    group number they change to to the proper ones you have setup (data option is the group number).

Otherwise, remove all of your groups in the group editor and re-add them in
    the correct order, making sure not to delete any in the new process.

Most likely, you've redone your groups or areas and they're not in the
    correct order, or are missing group numbers from previous groups that have
    been deleted.

NOTE TO G00R00: Maybe having an option to reorder your group IDs (or any, for that matter)?

Regards,
    Nick

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A36 2017/12/03 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: _thePharcyde telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin) (21:1/200)
  • From xqtr@21:1/111 to deepthaw on Thu Dec 7 13:26:58 2017
    Most likely, you've redone your groups or areas and they're not in the correct order, or are missing group numbers from previous groups that
    have been deleted.

As Accession pointed out, Mystic has a "thing" with Message and File Base/Groups IDs. When i wrote the FMAG and the other similar scripts, i
    didn't knew that and the code is not taking that in consideration.

I advise not to use FMAG at this point, until i fix that. I am sure that another user has wrote another script to select groups/bases which is more complete than FMAG... but i don't remember the name of the filename :(

I will also send a msg to Avon, about removing the script from the FSXNET
    until is fixed. For a long time i want to improve it, but i didnt have the time, cause i always want to write new stuff and forget about improving the old ones. :)

.----- --- -- -
    | Another Droid BBS
    : Telnet : andr01d.zapto.org:9999 [UTC 11:00 - 20:00]
    . Contact : xqtr.xqtr@gmail.com

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A34 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Another Droid BBS (21:1/111)