• System IP status - so far

From Vincent Coen@2:250/1 to All on Tue Oct 5 22:24:14 2021
    * Carbon copied to Janis Kracht, Ward Dossche

Hello All!

Well the kit - Router Hub 5, anti lightning kit, and some odd bit of kit to use
    of the power dies here ot by Virgin Media.

Needless to say there are not instructions regarding the last kit :(

So far I have half drilled a hole from outside to computer room / study as the bit was too short so just bought a longer one at 400mm x 12mm so should go through a double brick wall and 4 inch insulation and cladding using the same hole for my alarm bell (which I have to replace the connecting cable - yes drilling broke it).

Hopefully 12mm hole is enough for the RG59 c-ax cable and 8 core alarm cable.

So with a forecast of reasonable weather Wednesday I hope to complete the cable
    connections and fill in the hole using expanding foam having used some filler on the inside end - This is of course testing of all this works.

With that done I will connect the Hub 5 to existing DSL router with the Hub set
    to Modem only and the DSL router to router only then connect the two together and the system will be talking to the outside world at full speed with zero problems.

Yep, right :)

So if I go quiet for a few hours you know why but I will be able to switch back
    to the DSL service if really needed as that wil work till 16th.

Wonder what else I need to do ?

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v8 X64/Mbse v1.0.7.22/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)