• Back up system reload

From Vincent Coen@2:250/1 to All on Wed Apr 14 14:55:40 2021
    Hello All!

I will be activating my Back up / Parallel system that is based on a Pi3B+ with
    a HDD to act in case of issues with my primary system in the event of issues that exceed a day.

IF I really have to, I will do the same for a Mac Pro but the running costs, i.e., electricity will be a lot higher and the primary system let alone using the Pi, so will be trying not to.

The address (as of Friday's nodelist) will be 2:250/10 but it will still show the primary one (2:250/1).

The only difference for downlinks is that some pkts and files on hold on the primary may take a few days before you get them OR you could have some duplicate files / echos for a few polls during this switch over and back again on the basis that the primary will still have any on hold data waiting for the restart / reload / rebuild etc to start up.

So the bbs itself will be ok but I may not have the web and ftp services up as I will have to test how well it will respond to the added extras.

The end result when polling should (in theory) not be different so not noticed.

Will advise when this back up system is operational at least for simple testing
    and guess who will be helping to test it ?

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v7.1 X64/Mbse v1.0.7.21/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)
  • From Louis Northmore@2:250/8 to Vincent Coen on Fri Apr 16 10:28:40 2021
    On 14 Apr 2021, Vincent Coen said the following...
    Hello All!

I will be activating my Back up / Parallel system that is based on a

Will advise when this back up system is operational at least for simple testing
    and guess who will be helping to test it ?

Hi Vince,

Happy to help test!

---
    Satchmo // Louis Northmore

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A46 2020/08/26 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Sonic BBS :: North Yorkshire, England (2:250/8)