• System Update

From Vincent Coen@2:250/1 to All on Sat Dec 23 23:35:04 2023
    Hello All!

As many of you noticed - it was impossible to poll 250/1 and 25/21 after a system upgrade from Mageia v8 to Mageia v9.

I have spent the last 2+ days trying to find the issue :-

1. Checked if I can log in to the web service at applewoodbbs.linkpc.net - yes.
    2. Looked at the Router settings, nothing there (clutching at straws for this).
    3. Looked at all of the different Linux systems Firewall settings - nope not there.
    4. Checked & recompiled the entire mbse bbs systems, installed & restarted it. 5. Shut down and started the Router.
    6. With running out of ideas had a very close look at the mounted drives, Dasd,
    SSD etc and noticed that system was running as the test partition on a DASD.

7. Shutdown and loaded system from SSD production partition as updated 2+ days ago. After complaining about needing to reload the video driver rebooted again.

Needless to say that was the problem - in the wrong environment - the test system.

Should all be working now - unless any of you say otherwise :)

Sorry about that but I did poll every one as I could at least poll outbound.

In case you are asking, no I do not know what in the test system caused it.

Must get around to renaming the labels of the various test partitions to reflect the new versions of MGA.

Now hopefully I can start the mainframe environment - there again...

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v8 X64/Mbse v1.0.8.4/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Vincent Coen on Sun Dec 24 01:00:12 2023
    As many of you noticed - it was impossible to poll 250/1 and 25/21 after a system upgrade from Mageia v8 to Mageia v9.

I have spent the last 2+ days trying to find the issue :-

Whatever was causing the issue seems to have cleared up now. I just polled your node without any problem.. :)

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-6
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)