• System Status

From Vincent Coen@2:250/1 to All on Wed Dec 20 02:25:56 2023
    Hello All!

Sorry tried to do a fast system update and the Windowz environment took over 4 hours - Microsoft having money again with not enough speed servers or bandwidth.

I did that first as I had three others, one for the test environment for Mag v8
    upgraded to v9 a few weeks ago as a test but checking for any more updates etc,
    then the production system upgrading from Mageia v8 to v9 as well with fingers crossed, as they have announced that there will be no more updates, bug fixes an security patches et al for v8.

This last step took well over an hour but I have had to re-install the secondary s/w such as the BBS having rebuilt / compiled it. There were and the is a few more yet and hopefully I have not forgotten any more but I will not take a bet on that.

As it was coming up to midnight I decided not to update the mainframe MVS systems, so will do that in a day or two and for a lot of it, I can do them with the bbs systems up and running but for a wee bit will need to boot to native mode to do the final bit which is just a few minutes so you will not notice it - hopefully ...

So if you spot any oddities, please let me know.

Hope everyone has a happy holiday period, regardless of type :@)

For me, back to more programming changes of yet another suite as well as system
    testing - OE.

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v8 X64/Mbse v1.0.8.4/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)