• The 'correct' Echolist?

From Tristan Greaves@2:250/11 to All on Thu Mar 3 13:52:46 2022
    Hi there,

I was looking to consolidate the list of Echoes on my BBS.

I downloaded the latest via FG_WORF. Is this the right one to use?

I ask because I see that AFTERSHOCK is not on this list... but I am receiving traffic on it, which stopped me from just deleting it.

What's the best way to proceed?

Thanks,

Tristan.
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: Extricate BBS - bbs.extricate.org (2:250/11)
  • From Vincent Coen@2:250/1 to Tristan Greaves on Thu Mar 3 14:36:57 2022

Hello Tristan and every one else!

Thursday March 03 2022 13:52, you wrote to All:

Hi there,

I ask because I see that AFTERSHOCK is not on this list... but I am receiving traffic on it, which stopped me from just deleting it.

FG_WORF containing FILEGATTE.ZXX and inactive.txt are ALL for file areas NOT echos.

That is on/in backbone.na and this is due to be sorted in a few weeks once elist software is updated - I am currently coding the changes.

This entails importing the full list in my current copy of backbone.na adding to the already Moderated content (excluding any existing one's).

This will be producing a monthly file group BACKBONE.NA, BACKBONE.RPT that you will be able to use as a hopefully full list of available echos but there may well be the odd one that has slipped the net as it were.

If any one spots any once this is active, just send me a netmail or better still in here and I will manually add it in as the main issue is it
    arriving here so in that case will need to sort out a link for it to pass on every where !

I am hoping that this will not happen but in computing there is no such thing as a given :)

Vincent

--- Mageia Linux v8 X64/Mbse v1.0.7.24/GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5-b20180707
    * Origin: Air Applewood, The Linux Gateway to the UK & Eire (2:250/1)
  • From Tristan Greaves@2:250/11 to Vincent Coen on Thu Mar 3 14:56:32 2022
    Re: The 'correct' Echolist?
    By: Vincent Coen to Tristan Greaves on Thu Mar 03 2022 02:36 pm

This will be producing a monthly file group BACKBONE.NA, BACKBONE.RPT that you
    will be able to use as a hopefully full list of available echos but there may
    well be the odd one that has slipped the net as it were.

Thanks Vincent. This will be great!

Tristan.
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: Extricate BBS - bbs.extricate.org (2:250/11)
  • From Alan Ianson@1:153/757 to Tristan Greaves on Thu Mar 3 17:14:38 2022

Those files list file areas. You may be looking for backbone.na.

There are many areas not listed in backbone.na. It is a good help but may not be complete. The area may not be elisted or the moderator never asked that the area be listed in backbone.na.

The current backbone.na is also quite old, from 2019 I think. An update is in the works from what I understand.

In any case keep areas you or your links/bbs users might be interested in if they are listed or not.

--- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Toy-5
    * Origin: The Rusty MailBox - Penticton, BC Canada (1:153/757)