• Re: Showstopping MAJOR bu

From G00R00@46:1/127 to PSI-JACK on Thu Jan 31 19:20:17 2019
    Getting a serious error in Mystic right now suddenly that dumps a runtime error and disconnects the user.
    Scanning General Discussion...

Can you send me mbases.dat from your data directory, and the message base
    files for the general discussion message base from the msgs directory, to mysticbbs@gmail.com?

You could try taking a back up of those same files, removing the message base and making it again. Then if that works, copy in the message base files back into your msgs directory and see if that causes the crash.

In any case, please send it to me if you can.

--- Mystic BBS v1.10 A52 (Windows)
    * Origin: Sector 7 [Mystic BBS WHQ] (46:1/127)
  • From PSI-JACK@46:1/142 to G00R00 on Thu Jan 31 19:20:17 2019
    On 09/01/14, g00r00 said the following...

Can you send me mbases.dat from your data directory, and the message base files for the general discussion message base from the msgs directory, to mysticbbs@gmail.com?

Sent.

You could try taking a back up of those same files, removing the message base and making it again. Then if that works, copy in the message base files back into your msgs directory and see if that causes the crash.

I did almost exactly that. I basically rsync'd everything in msgs to msgs.old, removed the one message base I knew might be the culprit, and it worked. No more error..

The one thing I haven't done is tried moving it back, but I did login to vert, update my pointers for that base for a pseudo rescan, and did a qwkpoll, and got enough mail that I needed to pack back down by age/amount, and no problems yet. I sent you a copy of the backed up data that was causing the crash.

[Psi-Jack -//- Decker's Heaven]

--- Mystic BBS v1.10 A51 (Linux)
    * Origin: Decker's Heaven * deckersheaven.com (46:1/142)