• BinkIt and IPv6

From Jeff Smith@1:282/1032 to All on Tue Jun 18 20:59:32 2019
    Hello There,

I recently acquired a IP6toIP4 tunnel. And set it up for use on my SBBS Linux PC with my static v4 IP. I had been using BinkIt as the mailer and it worked ok
    for IPv4 connections. But, when I setup and started using the v6 IP address. The v6 IP would resolve correctly but BinkIt wouldn't recognize the connection.

I commented out the use of BinkIt and setup BinkD v1.1a-96 and BinkD responds to the incoming IPv6 connections fine and sbbsecho processes the incoming mail ok.

What might I be missing with my BinkIt setup that might be causing this?

Jeff
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
    * Origin: The Twisted Balloon - Anoka, MN (1:282/1032)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Jeff Smith on Tue Jun 18 22:38:32 2019
    Re: BinkIt and IPv6
    By: Jeff Smith to All on Tue Jun 18 2019 08:59 pm

Hello There,

I recently acquired a IP6toIP4 tunnel. And set it up for use on my SBBS Linux PC with my static v4 IP. I had been using BinkIt as the mailer and it worked ok for IPv4 connections. But, when I setup and started using the v6 IP address. The v6 IP would resolve correctly but BinkIt wouldn't recognize the connection.

I commented out the use of BinkIt and setup BinkD v1.1a-96 and BinkD responds to the incoming IPv6 connections fine and sbbsecho processes the incoming mail ok.

What might I be missing with my BinkIt setup that might be causing this?

Try using the "::" IPv6 wildcard address for the network interface address and see if that helps. BinkIT is just another Synchronet service (for inbound connections) and IPv6 support is known to work for services, so there should be no issue.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #82:
    Flapuebarg unf vagreany ebg13 fhccbeg sbe fhcresvpvnyyl rapelcgvat grkg.
    Norco, CA WX: 61.2øF, 85.0% humidity, 2 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.07-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)