• SSH Login Problems

From Tim Whitson@1:105/500 to All on Tue Oct 17 20:33:04 2023
    I have been having issues with my SSH login not working. I can reset it by going into Terminal Server Configuration and unchecking and rechecking the Enable box. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Tim
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
    * Origin: The Fool's Quarter, fqbbs.synchro.net (1:105/500)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Tim Whitson on Tue Oct 17 23:21:36 2023
    Re: SSH Login Problems
    By: Tim Whitson to All on Tue Oct 17 2023 08:33 pm

I have been having issues with my SSH login not working. I can reset it by going into Terminal Server Configuration and unchecking and rechecking the Enable box. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Are you sure that's necessary? Does just simply recycling the terminal server "reset it" just as well?

How long does SSH login work before it stops? Are there any errors around the time it stops working?

More information is needed.
    --
    digital man (rob)

Rush quote #50:
    I've always been a big sponge. - Neil Peart
    Norco, CA WX: 67.0øF, 70.0% humidity, 0 mph N wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Tim Whitson@1:105/500 to Digital Man on Thu Oct 19 19:44:02 2023
    Re: SSH Login Problems
    By: Digital Man to Tim Whitson on Tue Oct 17 2023 11:21 pm

I have been having issues with my SSH login not working. I can reset it going into Terminal Server Configuration and unchecking and rechecking th Enable box. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Are you sure that's necessary? Does just simply recycling the terminal serve "reset it" just as well?

How long does SSH login work before it stops? Are there any errors around th time it stops working?

More information is needed.

I waited until to day to test it again. Yesterday it did not work again but I decided to check to see if it still didn't work. Early today I was able to log in with telnet on my cell phone. When I got home nothing. I'm thinking it might be the new Comcast router.

I think it's time to change it in for another one. It's weird it will not let me connect to the BBS via WiFi or over the internet on my other home computer.

I'll do some more testing.

Thanks, Tim
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Win32
    * Origin: The Fool's Quarter, fqbbs.synchro.net (1:105/500)