• main.asc - Avatars

From Android8675@1:103/705 to All on Wed Apr 17 12:02:38 2019
    Is there a simple @ code to display the current users Avatar? Guessing have to use @\EXEC:something.js@\, then have to figure out how to get it to display in-line?

I carved out a spot in the bottom right corner of text\menu\main.asc if that helps anyone. Thanks much...
    --
    Android8675@ShodansCore

... Database administrators do it with their relations

---
    ž Synchronet ž Shodan's Core @ ShodansCore.com
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Nightfox@1:103/705 to Android8675 on Wed Apr 17 15:58:15 2019
    Re: main.asc - Avatars
    By: Android8675 to All on Wed Apr 17 2019 12:02 pm

Is there a simple @ code to display the current users Avatar? Guessing have to use @\EXEC:something.js@\, then have to figure out how to get it to display in-line?

The latest stock msghdr.asc in text/menu should show avatars, so you could look
    at that for an example. It looks like it has a code to execute showmsghdr.js. See this page for more info:
    http://wiki.synchro.net/module:avatars

Nightfox

---
    ž Synchronet ž Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Android8675@1:103/705 to Nightfox on Thu Apr 18 07:55:48 2019
    By: Nightfox to Android8675 on Wed Apr 17 2019 03:58 pm

Is there a simple @ code to display the current users Avatar?
    Guessing have to use @\EXEC:something.js@\, then have to figure out
    how to get it to display in-line?

The latest stock msghdr.asc in text/menu should show avatars, so you
    could
    look at that for an example. It looks like it has a code to execute showmsghdr.js. See this page for more info: http://wiki.synchro.net/module:avatars

Yeah, not what I'm looking for. I should of explained better, I'm modifying my main menu and I'd like the current avatar to display in the lower right corner,
    if possible. I think it'll require some Javascript re-write of the main menu display.

I figured out how to modify the message header using the slower
    msghdr.asc as well as the faster text.dat method. I wanted to display the vote counts for messages ala-reddit style. I got it to work with msghdr.asc. Gonna try to add the same data to text.dat, if possible.

ŚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄśśśś
    ³ Msg : @SMB_CURMSG-Z4@ of @SMB_MSGS-Z4@
    ³ Subj: @MSG_SUBJECT-L..................................@
    ³ Attr: @MSG_ATTR-L.....................@
    ³ To : @MSG_TO-L.......................@ @MSG_UPVOTED-L3@@MSG_UPVOTES-Z 3@/@MSG_DOWNVOTES-Z3@@MSG_DOWNVOTED-L2@
    ³ From: @MSG_FROM-L.....................@ @MSG_SCORE-C15@
    ³ Date: @MSG_DATE-L............@ @MSG_TIMEZONE-L8@ ĄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄśśśśśś
    @EXEC:SHOWMSGAVATAR@

Something like that... Looks pretty cool I think. I'm considering making it so up arrow on your keyboard upvotes.

I'd love it if you could also change your vote to down at any time.
    --
    Android8675@ShodansCore

---
    ž Synchronet ž Shodan's Core @ ShodansCore.com
  • From Nightfox@1:103/705 to Android8675 on Thu Apr 18 10:20:44 2019
    By: Android8675 to Nightfox on Thu Apr 18 2019 07:55 am

Is there a simple @ code to display the current users Avatar?
    Guessing have to use @\EXEC:something.js@\, then have to figure out
    how to get it to display in-line?

The latest stock msghdr.asc in text/menu should show avatars, so
    you could look at that for an example. It looks like it has a code
    to execute showmsghdr.js. See this page for more info:
    http://wiki.synchro.net/module:avatars

Yeah, not what I'm looking for. I should of explained better, I'm modifying my main menu and I'd like the current avatar to display in the lower right corner, if possible. I think it'll require some Javascript re-write of the main menu display.

Ah.. There's also a script in the exec directory called showmsgavatar.js, to show avatars. It sounded like you were looking for a particular .js to execute
    in an @EXEC@ statement, and I think I mentioned the wrong one. The first CVS commit message for showmsgavatar.js says you should be able to use @exec:showmsgavatar@.

I'd love it if you could also change your vote to down at any time.

I'm not sure Synchronet supports changing your vote after you've already voted on a message.

Nightfox

---
  • From Va7aqd@1:103/705 to Android8675 on Thu Apr 18 10:56:10 2019
    By: Android8675 to Nightfox on Thu Apr 18 2019 07:55 am

I figured out how to modify the message header using the slower
    msghdr.asc as well as the faster text.dat method. I wanted to display the vote counts for messages ala-reddit style. I got it to work with
    msghdr.asc.
    Gonna try to add the same data to text.dat, if possible.

Yes, very cool! I think you answered a few questions there and perhaps your example should get put in to the wiki as reference.
    Thank you for sharing!

I adjusted yours a bit for my preference and am now using this (not sure this paste will work great):

^ANŚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄśśśś
    ³ From: @MSG_FROM-L.....................@ ^AN^AR@MSG_UPVOTED-L3@^AH^X@MSG_UPVOT ES-Z3@^AN^AR/^AH^AB@MSG_DOWNVOTES-Z3@^Y^AH@MSG_DOWNVOTED-L2@^AN
    ³ To : @MSG_TO-L.......................@ ^AH^AG@MSG_SCORE-C15@^AN
    ³ Subj: @MSG_SUBJECT-L..................................@
    ³ Attr: @MSG_ATTR-L.....................@
    ³ Date: @MSG_DATE-L............@ @MSG_TIMEZONE-L6@ @MSG_AGE@ ĄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄśśśśśś
    @EXEC:SHOWMSGAVATAR@

Are all the CTRL-A's borked? Hmm, they seem to be getting interpreted. I'm not sure how you got everything in to a message but
    the default fseditor seems to be tricky to paste in something like this? How did you do it?

---
    ž Synchronet ž VA7AQD's Tavern - bbs.isurf.ca
  • From Nightfox@1:103/705 to Va7aqd on Thu Apr 18 13:02:35 2019
    By: Va7aqd to Android8675 on Thu Apr 18 2019 10:56 am

Are all the CTRL-A's borked? Hmm, they seem to be getting interpreted.
    I'm
    not sure how you got everything in to a message but the default fseditor seems to be tricky to paste in something like this? How did you do it?

Assuming the editor can accept high-ASCII characters & such, pasting should be more of an issue of the terminal software you're
    using rather than the BBS's editor. With SyncTerm, for instance, you can paste by right-clicking into the SyncTerm window.

Nightfox

---
  • From Va7aqd@1:103/705 to Nightfox on Fri Apr 19 10:27:59 2019
    By: Nightfox to Va7aqd on Thu Apr 18 2019 01:02 pm

Assuming the editor can accept high-ASCII characters & such, pasting should be more of an issue of the terminal software you're
    using rather than the BBS's editor. With SyncTerm, for instance, you can paste by right-clicking into the SyncTerm window.

Yeah, that was what I was doing - getting something pasted in to syncterm was fine. What got put in to the clipboard seemed to
    vary wildly depending on whether I was looking at the source in vi or on console via 'cat'. I think I probably needed a better
    source to copy from.

---
    ž Synchronet ž VA7AQD's Tavern - bbs.isurf.ca