• Mssg scan weirdness

From Hemo@1:103/705 to All on Mon Apr 15 14:13:45 2019
    Running linux version 3.17c, and noticing something odd if I do message scan for message to myself. Main Menu 'S'.

I'll choose to scan all groups, display subjext only, display unread messages only and it will find and display 3 message subject lines in this group to me.

If I do the scan but say N to display subjects only, I will get no results at all. I guess I thought the system might display the entire message, but the scan doesn't seem to 'hit' on these messages unless I answer Y to the display subjects only prompt.

Is this odd behavior or am I understanding the purpose of the 'display subject only' question?

--
    H

... This tagline's just for you.

---
    þ Synchronet þ - Running madly into the wind and screaming - bbs.ujoint.org
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Hemo@1:103/705 to All on Mon Apr 15 14:20:27 2019
    Re: Mssg scan weirdness
    By: Hemo to All on Mon Apr 15
    2019 02:13 pm

Running linux version 3.17c, and noticing something odd if I do message scan for message to myself. Main Menu 'S'.
    I'll choose to scan all groups, display subjext only, display unread messages only and it will find and display 3 message subject lines in
    this
    group to me.
    If I do the scan but say N to display subjects only, I will get no
    results
    at all. I guess I thought the system might display the entire message,
    but
    the scan doesn't seem to 'hit' on these messages unless I answer Y to the display subjects only prompt.

I find the same behavior when scanning the group.

I notice if I chose to just scan the Sub-board, then it seems to display the entire message if I answer N to 'display subjects only' question.

so it seems, to me, that scanning All or Group isn't finding/displaying the entire unread message if answering N to display subjects only, and also replying Y to displaying unread messages only.

Anyone else?

-
    H

... After two days in hospital, I took a turn for the nurse.

---
    þ Synchronet þ - Running madly into the wind and screaming - bbs.ujoint.org
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)