• Word wrapping in QWK packets

From fusion@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Fri Jul 29 12:53:00 2022
    Hello,
    I've been working on restoring my Sync/2 board, writing a little automated qwk setup, etc.. I noticed quite a few messages that are imported have lines that aren't pre-wrapped. The result is lncntr isn't updated with the actual space the lines occupy (the header or unread parts of message scroll off)

Would it be possible to include a qwk config option on the hub side to toggle for legacy Sync?

I have a skeleton of an offline reader i wrote a long time ago I could also perhaps use to pull apart and adjust the messages, but perhaps some of that logic is already elswhere in sbbs3 and could be adapted?

Alex

... There will be a rain dance Friday night, weather permitting!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    # Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to fusion on Sat Jul 30 08:45:58 2022
    Re: Word wrapping in QWK packets
    By: fusion to Digital Man on Fri Jul 29 2022 12:53 pm

Hello,
    I've been working on restoring my Sync/2 board,

Synchronet v2 for OS/2 or DOS?

writing a little
    automated qwk setup, etc.. I noticed quite a few messages that are imported have lines that aren't pre-wrapped. The result is lncntr isn't updated with the actual space the lines occupy (the header or unread parts of message scroll off)

The best fix would probably to patch SBBS v2 to track/count terminal-wrapped lines. That way the lncntr would work right regardless of how the messages made it into your message bases.

Would it be possible to include a qwk config option on the hub side to toggle for legacy Sync?

Specifically, I think you're asking if Synchronet v3 could line-wrap messages before putting them in QWK packets. Yeah, I think that could be done.

I have a skeleton of an offline reader i wrote a long time ago I could also perhaps use to pull apart and adjust the messages, but perhaps some of that logic is already elswhere in sbbs3 and could be adapted?

Yup. Please file an issue/request on gitlab.synchro.net so this request doesn't get forgotten.
    --
    digital man (rob)

Rush quote #32:
    Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more
    Norco, CA WX: 69.9øF, 76.0% humidity, 2 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)