• User-configurable per-sub "score threshold"

From Rob Swindell@1:103/705 to GitLab issue in main/sbbs on Wed Jul 6 15:20:13 2022
    open https://gitlab.synchro.net/main/sbbs/-/issues/419

Similar to slashdot.org, allow each user to configure a minimum message score for a message to be displayed (e.g. during new message scan, listing). This would allow SPAM or otherwise very-unpopular messages in a message network (e.g. DOVE-Net) to be effectively squelched by the community down-voting a message. The sysop should be able to configure the default threshold value (e.g. for new users) per sub-board. Suggested default threshold: -9, i.e. any message with a score of -10 or lower would be hidden by default. Tracking how many messages are hidden and shown with the 'I' reading sub command would be nice. Allow configuration from the '&' message config menu. Users could effectively opt-out of the "community censorship" by decreasing the threshold to some crazy low number.Slashdot also has a separate threshold for displaying messages in an abbreviated (rather than full) form. I don't think we need to go that far.
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)