• Install Solar Realms Elite 994b SRE0994B

From Electrosys@1:103/705 to All on Sun Apr 24 08:55:59 2022
    Hi Everyone,

I installed Solar Realms Elite on my system using instructions from this site: http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/Articles/SRE-Documentation.html

I used a program called RunAsDate to run SRE RESET with a date of 1-1-1999: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

What I noticed is that the time available is set to 0 for the DOORFILE.SR that is added to the door folder. I'm wondering if this is correct?

When using the value of 0 here the door returns back the system with an error "Your out of time". I was able to use the time settings in SCFG to add 99 minutes which output 99 into the time field for the DOORFILE.SR and allowed the door game to play. I wanted to point this out as I would expect the DOORFILE.SR to output the value of the timeleft for the user on the system and not 0.

This is the DOORFILE.SR that is output by the bbs system.

Electrosys

This is the definition of the DOORFILE.SR from the SRDOOR.DOC from SRE0994B

username
    ansi-status
    ibm-char-status
    page-length
    baud-rate
    com-port
    time-limit
    real-name

Just thought I would point this out as it seems like a bug in Synchronet?

Thanks,
    Electrosys
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Electrosys on Sun Apr 24 10:25:01 2022
    Re: Install Solar Realms Elite 994b SRE0994B
    By: Electrosys to All on Sun Apr 24 2022 08:55 am

Hi Everyone,

I installed Solar Realms Elite on my system using instructions from this site: http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~amitp/Articles/SRE-Documentation.html

I used a program called RunAsDate to run SRE RESET with a date of 1-1-1999: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

What I noticed is that the time available is set to 0 for the DOORFILE.SR that is added to the door folder. I'm wondering if this is correct?

Not normally, no.

When using the value of 0 here the door returns back the system with an error "Your out of time". I was able to use the time settings in SCFG to add 99 minutes which output 99 into the time field for the DOORFILE.SR and allowed the door game to play.

Interesting. I do wonder if you could help figure out how you're getting a 0 in that time-left line. Does that happen for all users?

I wanted to point this out as I would expect
    the DOORFILE.SR to output the value of the timeleft for the user on the system and not 0.

Me too.

This is the DOORFILE.SR that is output by the bbs system.

Electrosys

Here's the DOORFILE.SR generated by my BBS when I'm logged on as level 99 (with a time-per-day of 500 minutes) and the 'T' exemption:

Digital Man

This is the definition of the DOORFILE.SR from the SRDOOR.DOC from SRE0994B

username
    ansi-status
    ibm-char-status
    page-length
    baud-rate
    com-port
    time-limit
    real-name

Interesting that they added a 'real-name' line there. I didn't know that.

Just thought I would point this out as it seems like a bug in Synchronet?

It could be. What do you set for your security level time per day and time per call values? Does your user have the 'T' exemption? If I can reprodocue the scenario, I can fix the problem.
    --
    digital man (rob)

This Is Spinal Tap quote #32:
    Derek Smalls: [A jog?] We don't have time for that.
    Norco, CA WX: 74.2øF, 21.0% humidity, 6 mph W wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
  • From Electrosys@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Sun Apr 24 19:55:57 2022
    By: Digital Man to Electrosys on Sun Apr 24 2022 10:25 am

It could be. What do you set for your security level time per day and time per call values? Does your user have the 'T' exemption? If I can reprodocu

It actually does appear to be writing the correct value to the DOORFILE.SR. I am set for 500 minutes per call and 500 minutes per day. It appears that I have used all of it because I appear to have used 637+ mins today. My sysop user does not have the T exemption.

Thanks for helping look at this a little closer. From looking more closely at the SCFG and my user I do appear to be getting the expected results.

Thanks,
    Electrosys
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Electrosys on Mon Apr 25 12:55:42 2022
    By: Electrosys to Digital Man on Sun Apr 24 2022 07:55 pm

It could be. What do you set for your security level time per day and time per call values? Does your user have the 'T' exemption? If I can reprodocu

It actually does appear to be writing the correct value to the DOORFILE.SR. I am set for 500 minutes per call and 500 minutes per day. It appears that I have used all of it because I appear to have used 637+ mins today. My sysop user does not have the T exemption.

Thanks for helping look at this a little closer. From looking more closely at the SCFG and my user I do appear to be getting the expected results.

I would expected you to be disconnected if you did not have the 'T' exemption and you were out of time. Something seems weird there.
    --
    digital man (rob)

This Is Spinal Tap quote #45:
    I don't really think the end can be assessed as of itself as being the end Norco, CA WX: 87.6øF, 9.0% humidity, 0 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Electrosys on Mon Apr 25 14:26:29 2022
    By: Digital Man to Electrosys on Mon Apr 25 2022 12:55 pm

By: Electrosys to Digital Man on Sun Apr 24 2022 07:55 pm

I would expected you to be disconnected if you did not have the 'T' exemption and you were out of time. Something seems weird there.

Ah, sysops (level 90+) are never disconnected, even when out of time. I forgot about that.
    --
    digital man (rob)

Rush quote #40:
    I can learn to resist, anything but temptation
    Norco, CA WX: 88.1øF, 9.0% humidity, 4 mph SSE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.15-Linux