• InternetREX, Argus, BinkP

From Lord Blackfair@1:103/705 to All on Thu Apr 14 17:44:52 2022
    I am currently using Radius (Argus Clone) It works just fine. But only supports Passwords and external passwords. Dont see anything for Packet passwords. I know that BinkP and Irex supports them. I cant find any support to register Irex anymore. Does anyone else use Radius that can help me out and let me know what area, if it has anything for packet passwords. or is there still a way to register InternetRex?

Lord Blackfair (Blackfair's Manor) blackf.synchro.net

---
    þ Synchronet þ Blackfair's Manor - blackf.synchro.net
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Nightfox@1:103/705 to Lord Blackfair on Fri Apr 15 09:41:16 2022
    Re: InternetREX, Argus, BinkP
    By: Lord Blackfair to All on Thu Apr 14 2022 05:44 pm

I am currently using Radius (Argus Clone) It works just fine. But only supports Passwords and external passwords. Dont see anything for Packet passwords. I know that BinkP and Irex supports them. I cant find any support to register Irex anymore. Does anyone else use Radius that can help me out and let me know what area, if it has anything for packet passwords. or is there still a way to register InternetRex?

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I wanted to put this out there - Years ago I used to use Internet Rex, then I used Radius for a while.. I eventually switched to BinkIt, which is Synchronet's own FTN mailer. I've been fairly happy with it. The advantages of BinkIt is that it's actively developed and supported, free, and it's included with Synchronet so it runs in any environment where Synchronet runs. Being more integrated with Synchronet can also have its advantages.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@1:103/705 to Lord Blackfair on Fri Apr 15 07:20:00 2022
    Subject: Re: InternetREX, Argus, BinkP
    @MSGID: <6259BB33.26476.dove.sync_sys@realitycheckbbs.org>
    @REPLY: <625895D4.1247.dove-syncops@blackf.synchro.net>
    @TZ: c1e0
    Lord Blackfair wrote to All <=-

I've not bothered with packet passwords for some time; if memory serves
    that's a function of your tosser, not your mailer. Packet passwords are created when the tosser creates the packet.

I used Radius for some time and liked it.

Irex, I don't think, has been registerable for some time. I registered it
    back in the '90s and found my old registration info. I use it from time to time when I need to support anything except Binkp.

... All of my certifications are self-signed.
    --- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
    þ Synchronet þ .: realitycheckbbs.org :: scientia potentia est :.