• I'm stumped again (which is not hard to do 8-)

From Geo@1:103/705 to All on Sun Sep 12 15:43:41 2021
    Hi All,

I recently upgraded my BBS to 3.19a.

I have just noticed that I nolonger seem to be able to send FTN style netmail to any of my extra networks.

Netmail to my primary Fidonet hub os fine . ie areafix@3:712/848 works fine. But,
    If I try to send Netmail to FSXnet, retronet or spooknet' areafix from the SBBS Netmail menu I get an error

"!ERROR writing /sbbs/data/mail"

The Error log has

Sep 12 15:39:21 Manifold3 sbbs: 9/12 15:39:21 term Node 2 <Geo> !ERROR 2 (No such file or directory) in netmail.cpp line 335 (netmail) writing "/sbbs/data/mail" access=1 info=smb_addcrc duplicate message text CRC detected

Yet It works fine to FidoNet.

I tried creating /sbbs/data/mail directory, still get to error.

It deffinitly worked previously because I used to regularly send netmail to the areafix and filefix servers on the fsxnet, retronet and spooknet.

Can anyone shed some light on what is going on?

What is this amb_addcrc thing.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance 8-)

Regards..Geo
    ooooOOOOoooo

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Dungeon BBS - Risen from the Ashes! - Canberra, Australia. http://bbs.barnab
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Geo on Sun Sep 12 15:44:29 2021
    Re: I'm stumped again (which is not hard to do 8-)
    By: Geo to All on Sun Sep 12 2021 03:43 pm

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my BBS to 3.19a.

I have just noticed that I nolonger seem to be able to send FTN style netmail to any of my extra networks.

Netmail to my primary Fidonet hub os fine . ie areafix@3:712/848 works fine. But,
    If I try to send Netmail to FSXnet, retronet or spooknet' areafix from the SBBS Netmail menu I get an error

"!ERROR writing /sbbs/data/mail"

The Error log has

Sep 12 15:39:21 Manifold3 sbbs: 9/12 15:39:21 term Node 2 <Geo> !ERROR 2 (No such file or directory) in netmail.cpp line 335 (netmail) writing "/sbbs/data/mail" access=1 info=smb_addcrc duplicate message text CRC detected

Yet It works fine to FidoNet.

I tried creating /sbbs/data/mail directory, still get to error.

It deffinitly worked previously because I used to regularly send netmail to the areafix and filefix servers on the fsxnet, retronet and spooknet.

Can anyone shed some light on what is going on?

You have duplicate e-mail checking enabled (in SCFG->Message Options) and the body text you're attempting to send has already been in the mail base.

What is this amb_addcrc thing.

CRC is one of the methods Synchronet uses to detect duplicate "things", in this case it's a message body text.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance 8-)

Set SCFG->Message Options->Duplicate E-mail Checking to "Disabled" (the default).

I don't think this error has anything to do with your upgrade to v3.19a.
    --
    digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #33:
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, so what? What's wrong with bein' sexy?
    Norco, CA WX: 96.0øF, 19.0% humidity, 12 mph NE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Geo@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Mon Sep 13 16:06:07 2021
    Hiya Rob,

Yep Thamks. That fixed it. I don't remember ever having switched it on specifically, but I was probably browsing through SCFG and thought ohhhh that looks cool 8-)

Anyhow switching it off has work.

Thanks very much. 8-)

8-) 8-)

Regards..Geo
    ooooOOOOoooo

---
    þ Synchronet þ The Dungeon BBS - Risen from the Ashes! - Canberra, Australia. http://bbs.barnab