• Synchronet thinks my filebases are empty

From Nightfox@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Wed Jul 14 09:08:57 2021
    Hi DM,

I've noticed some changes being made to the Synchronet filebase code over the last several months. Lately I haven't watched closely, but I see there have been a lot of changes related to the filebase code. I'm using a Synchronet build (for Windows) from June 19th, and just last night I noticed Synchronet seems to think all my filebases are empty when I try to change my file directory and list files. I tried using addfiles to re-add the files to the filebase, but addfiles was saying the files already exist in the filebase (even though Synchronet thinks there are no files in the directories on the BBS side when I try to change directories and list files).

I'm wondering what might be wrong on my BBS where addfiles says the files are already in the filebase but Synchronet thinks there are no files there?

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Nightfox on Wed Jul 14 10:26:18 2021
    Re: Synchronet thinks my filebases are empty
    By: Nightfox to Digital Man on Wed Jul 14 2021 09:08 am

Hi DM,

I've noticed some changes being made to the Synchronet filebase code over the last several months. Lately I haven't watched closely, but I see there have been a lot of changes related to the filebase code. I'm using a Synchronet build (for Windows) from June 19th, and just last night I noticed Synchronet seems to think all my filebases are empty when I try to change my file directory and list files.

Sounds like you haven't run 'jsexec update' since upgrading from v3.18 to v3.19 See docs/newfilebase.txt for details.

I tried using addfiles to re-add the files
    to the filebase, but addfiles was saying the files already exist in the filebase (even though Synchronet thinks there are no files in the directories on the BBS side when I try to change directories and list files).

I'm wondering what might be wrong on my BBS where addfiles says the files are already in the filebase but Synchronet thinks there are no files there?

Sounds like you're using an older version of addfiles. In fact, though addfiles.exe is still there (and updated for v3.19) it's been deprecated for addfiles.js:
    https://wiki.synchro.net/module:addfiles

But once you run the 'jsexec update', your existing files should "reappear" in your file bases - no need to run addfiles.exe or addfiles.js unless you're actually adding *new* files.
    --
    digital man

Rush quote #71:
    He's not concerned with yesterday, he knows constant change is here today Norco, CA WX: 81.5øF, 61.0% humidity, 5 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Nightfox@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Wed Jul 14 16:11:41 2021
    By: Digital Man to Nightfox on Wed Jul 14 2021 10:26 am

Sounds like you haven't run 'jsexec update' since upgrading from v3.18 to v3.19 See docs/newfilebase.txt for details.

But once you run the 'jsexec update', your existing files should "reappear" in your file bases - no need to run addfiles.exe or addfiles.js unless you're actually adding *new* files.

I don't remember if I ran 'jsexec update', but I ran that just now. My files are still not showing up in my file bases though.

Nightfox

---
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Nightfox on Wed Jul 14 17:34:48 2021
    By: Nightfox to Digital Man on Wed Jul 14 2021 04:11 pm

By: Digital Man to Nightfox on Wed Jul 14 2021 10:26 am

I don't remember if I ran 'jsexec update', but I ran that just now. My files are still not showing up in my file bases though.

Is your exec/update.js up-to-date?
    If it's up to date, it should display "Checking for v3.19 file bases" as one of its update steps.
    If it's up to date and you don't already have v3.19 file bases, it should run upgrade_to_v319[.exe] automatically. If you already have data/dirs/*.sid files, then it won't run upgrade_to_v319[.exe] automatically.
    --
    digital man

Sling Blade quote #5:
    Karl Childers (to father): You ought not killed my little brother...
    Norco, CA WX: 84.3øF, 50.0% humidity, 19 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Nightfox@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Thu Jul 15 09:24:28 2021
    By: Digital Man to Nightfox on Wed Jul 14 2021 05:34 pm

Is your exec/update.js up-to-date?
    If it's up to date, it should display "Checking for v3.19 file bases" as one of its update steps. If it's up to date and you don't already have v3.19 file bases, it should run upgrade_to_v319[.exe] automatically. If you already have data/dirs/*.sid files, then it won't run upgrade_to_v319[.exe] automatically.

I had a fairly recent update.js, from June 19th. But just in case, I downloaded the latest sbbs_run.zip and copied the latest .js files into my sbbs\exec directory. I also noticed I did have some data\dirs\*.sid files, but they were all 0 bytes. So I moved those to a backup directory and ran update.js again, and it re-converted the filebases, and now my files are appearing again.

Thanks for the tips!

Nightfox

---