• Upgrade to 3.17c - Can't batch upload files with syncterm anymore.

From Electrosys@1:103/705 to All on Fri Mar 1 13:42:22 2019
    Hi Everyone,

After upgrading to syncterm 3.17c it seems I'm unable to batch upload files the
    way I used to. When I go to batch upload and select ZMODEM (SEXYZ) the dialog in syncterm does not pop up like it used to. I also tried uploading a file normally as well by explicitly naming the file and I get the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Electrosys

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Aquarium - digiaqua.synchro.net - So much fun...
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Electrosys@1:103/705 to All on Fri Mar 1 15:57:03 2019
    Re: Upgrade to 3.17c - Can't batch upload files with syncterm anymore.
    By: Electrosys to All on Fri Mar 01 2019 01:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

After upgrading to syncterm 3.17c it seems I'm unable to batch upload files the way I used to. When I go to batch upload and select ZMODEM (SEXYZ) the dialog in syncterm does not pop up like it used to. I also tried uploading file normally as well by explicitly naming the file and I get the same results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Electrosys

This was my bad. I switch from North Anti Virus to Comodo and Comodo sandboxed sexyz.exe which seems to cause some weird networking issues. I noticed that Norton Anti Virus ripped sbbs to shreds by removing files because it was unfamilar with them. Comodo seems to be a lot less bloated and sandboxes the apps instead of delets them. Comodo allows you to rate a file as trused and then everything is good to go. I'll have to go through and rate all the programs as trusted as they run.

Thanks for the help.
    Electrosys

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Aquarium - digiaqua.synchro.net - So much fun...
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Electrosys on Fri Mar 1 15:20:20 2019
    Re: Upgrade to 3.17c - Can't batch upload files with syncterm anymore.
    By: Electrosys to All on Fri Mar 01 2019 01:42 pm

Hi Everyone,

After upgrading to syncterm 3.17c it seems I'm unable to batch upload files the way I used to. When I go to batch upload and select ZMODEM (SEXYZ) the dialog in syncterm does not pop up like it used to. I also tried uploading file normally as well by explicitly naming the file and I get the same results.

Any ideas?

Do you see SEXYZ running on the BBS-side? If this is on Windows, there should be an additional console window running sexyz.

Regardless of whether SyncTERM auto-detects that you're uploading or not, you should be able to upload using the Alt-U key/command in SyncTERM (or hit Alt-Z,
    then select "Upload").

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #19:
    Oh then, maybe it's not green. Anyway this is what I sleep in sometimes.
    Norco, CA WX: 63.0øF, 65.0% humidity, 8 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
  • From Daryl Stout@1:19/33 to ELECTROSYS on Fri Mar 1 18:19:00 2019
    This was my bad. I switch from North Anti Virus to Comodo and Comodo sandboxe

I use the IObit Malware fighter myself. In the past, I've used McAfee, F-Prot, and CA Internet Security. But, I rarely get uploads, which
    doesn't bother me. Yet, everything is still scanned...and I can report something as a false positive if need be. In fact, awhile back, the main Synchronet program was reported as infected, but it was a false
    positive.

Daryl

===
    þ OLX 1.53 þ Make Friends With The Sysop: Page Them At 3am. NOT!!
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Win32
    * Origin: FIDONet: The Thunderbolt BBS - tbolt.synchro.net (1:19/33)