• FIDOUT event not firing

From Dmxrob@1:103/705 to All on Tue Feb 26 23:34:38 2019
    I have enabled the FIDOOUT event to run hourly, but it isn't kicking off. FIDOIN is running as expected. I even tried to disable and reenable it and still nada. Any advice?

dmxrob þ BBSing from St. Louis, Missouri since 1988

---
    þ Synchronet þ Gateway to the West - St. Louis, Missouri - bbs.dmxrob.net
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Dmxrob on Wed Feb 27 09:57:32 2019
    Re: FIDOUT event not firing
    By: Dmxrob to All on Tue Feb 26 2019 11:34 pm

I have enabled the FIDOOUT event to run hourly, but it isn't kicking off. FIDOIN is running as expected. I even tried to disable and reenable it and still nada. Any advice?

Normally, fidoout runs as needed (triggered by the semaphore file settings in SCFG->Networks->FidoNet), not on a predetermined schedule. It doesn't hurt to run it on a predetermined schedule, but it shouldn't be necessary either.

And of course, if you configure it to run on a schedule, it should run on that schedule. Double-check your execution node (normally 1), days of the week, etc.

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #13:
    Nigel Tufnel: You can't really dust for vomit.
    Norco, CA WX: 55.4øF, 77.0% humidity, 0 mph WSW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
  • From Dmxrob@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Wed Feb 27 13:25:29 2019
    By: Digital Man to Dmxrob on Wed Feb 27 2019 09:57 am

Normally, fidoout runs as needed (triggered by the semaphore file settings in SCFG->Networks->FidoNet), not on a predetermined schedule. It doesn't

The issue turned out to be the message boards were not marked as being a part of Fidonet, so they were not setting the semaphore file correctly. Also, the default events (FIDOOUT) had "Days of Week" set to None. This appears to have been this was "out of the box". Once I fixed that, it started firing every hour as well.

Thanks for the help.

dmxrob þ BBSing from St. Louis, Missouri since 1988

---
    þ Synchronet þ Gateway to the West - St. Louis, Missouri - bbs.dmxrob.net
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Dmxrob on Wed Feb 27 13:04:00 2019
    By: Dmxrob to Digital Man on Wed Feb 27 2019 01:25 pm

By: Digital Man to Dmxrob on Wed Feb 27 2019 09:57 am

Normally, fidoout runs as needed (triggered by the semaphore file settings in SCFG->Networks->FidoNet), not on a predetermined schedule.
    It
    doesn't

The issue turned out to be the message boards were not marked as being a part of Fidonet, so they were not setting the semaphore file correctly. Also, the default events (FIDOOUT) had "Days of Week" set to None. This appears to have been this was "out of the box". Once I fixed that, it started firing every hour as well.

"Days of the week" set to none is normal and expected since that event does not
    normally execute on a predetermined schedule. It will execute when the semaphore file is signaled (touched) regardless of what day of the week it is.

digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #49:
    NUP = New User Password
    Norco, CA WX: 63.1øF, 59.0% humidity, 7 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux