• Custom fTelnet Splash

From Mortifis@1:103/705 to All on Thu Feb 21 17:12:46 2019
    I have seen some pretty cool looking ftelnet splash screens and was wondering, how does one go about doing that? I saw that /sbbs/web/root/ftelnet.inc has an
    script link to embed-v2.ftelnet.ca but wasn't sure if I subscribe there and they just link it when it is loaded? Thought I'd ask here before I do bother them, I figure ya'll are use to my 'obvious' questions :-Þ

2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 left turns will get you back on the freeway!

---
    þ Synchronet þ AlleyCat! BBS - http://alleycat.synchro.net:81
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Nightfox@1:103/705 to Mortifis on Thu Feb 21 16:31:03 2019
    Re: Custom fTelnet Splash
    By: Mortifis to All on Thu Feb 21 2019 05:12 pm

I have seen some pretty cool looking ftelnet splash screens and was wondering, how does one go about doing that? I saw that /sbbs/web/root/ftelnet.inc has an script link to embed-v2.ftelnet.ca but wasn't sure if I subscribe there and they just link it when it is loaded? Thought I'd ask here before I do bother them, I figure ya'll are use to
    my
    'obvious' questions :-Þ

I host my fTelnet locally on my BBS web site. One of the settings in the fTelnet configuration is the name of an ANSI file to ues for the splash screen (I don't remember offhand what the setting is though).

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Mortifis@1:103/705 to Nightfox on Thu Feb 21 22:10:53 2019

I have seen some pretty cool looking ftelnet splash screens and was wondering, how does one go about doing that? I saw that /sbbs/web/root/ftelnet.inc has an script link to embed-v2.ftelnet.ca but wasn't sure if I subscribe there and they just link it when it is loaded? Thought I'd ask here before I do bother them, I figure ya'll are use to my 'obvious' questions :-Þ

I host my fTelnet locally on my BBS web site. One of the settings in the fTelnet configuration is the name of an ANSI file to ues for the splash screen (I don't remember offhand what the setting is though).I had though, at

one point, I had seen in one of the ftelnet file, either .js, ssjs, or in ... but after looking again the only options settings I see if in /sbbs/web/root/ftelnet.inc and that option is for emulation not an ansi to to display

oh well, no worries just a little customization it doesn't affect operation

---
  • From Denn@1:103/705 to Mortifis on Fri Feb 22 00:27:59 2019

I have seen some pretty cool looking ftelnet splash screens and was wondering, how does one go about doing that? I saw that /sbbs/web/root/ftelnet.inc has an script link to embed-v2.ftelnet.ca but wasn't sure if I subscribe there and they just link it when it is loaded? Thought I'd ask here before I do bother them, I figure ya'll are use to
    my
    'obvious' questions :-Þ

Yes go here 1st question is your bbs domain fill that in then go down and to the right where it says want to display a custom ansi splash screen?
    click on choose file then copy the code below and overwrite the ftelnet with the new code.
    checkout my splash screen at outwestbbs.com

... Chuck Norris can hear sign language and speak Braille.

---
    þ Synchronet þ outwestbbs.com - the Outwest BBS
  • From Denn@1:103/705 to Mortifis on Fri Feb 22 00:37:59 2019
    By: Denn to Mortifis on Fri Feb 22 2019 12:27 am

guess it would help if I post the link lol

https://embed-v2.ftelnet.ca/
    Want to display a custom ANSI splash screen? then click choose file
    goto botom and click preview, when satisfied cut the code and paste it over your ftenet code on your BBS.
    it will encode the ansi spalsh screen for you so just cut and paste.

---
  • From Mortifis@1:103/705 to Denn on Fri Feb 22 07:23:37 2019
    By: Denn to Mortifis on Fri Feb 22 2019 12:27 am

guess it would help if I post the link lol

goto botom and click preview, when satisfied cut the code and paste it over your ftenet code on your BBS.

Thank you kind sir

---
  • From echicken@1:103/705 to Mortifis on Fri Feb 22 12:42:52 2019
    By: Mortifis to All on Thu Feb 21 2019 17:12:46

I have seen some pretty cool looking ftelnet splash screens and was wondering, how does one go about doing that? I saw that /sbbs/web/root/ftelnet.inc has an script link to embed-v2.ftelnet.ca but

In ftelnet.inc you'll see a bunch of properties being set on the Options object. Add an 'Options.SplashScreen' property, the value of which is a string. That string is the contents of your .ans file, base64 encoded.

You can get the value for this string with a quick script, run under jsexec:

var f = new File('/path/to/my.ans');
    f.open('rb');
    var splash = base64_encode(f.read());
    f.close();
    writeln(splash);

(This is done on the fly in my web interface, so that the sysop only needs to set a value in modopts.ini pointing to the location of their .ans file.)

---
    echicken
    electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com - 416-425-5435
    þ Synchronet þ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
  • From Mortifis@1:103/705 to echicken on Fri Feb 22 14:18:49 2019
    By: Mortifis to All on Thu Feb 21 2019 17:12:46

I have seen some pretty cool looking ftelnet splash screens and was wondering, how does one go about doing that? I saw that /sbbs/web/root/ftelnet.inc has an script link to embed-v2.ftelnet.ca but

In ftelnet.inc you'll see a bunch of properties being set on the Options object. Add an 'Options.SplashScreen' property, the value of which is a string. That string is the contents of your .ans file, base64 encoded.

I didn't have that option as I was using the stock ftelnet.inc file ... but I copy/pasted that option from embed-v2 ... I have it set up now, albiet an low end splash :-P

Thanks EC

---
  • From Denn@1:103/705 to Mortifis on Fri Feb 22 23:56:57 2019
    Re: Re: Custom fTelnet Splash
    By: Mortifis to Denn on Fri Feb 22 2019 07:23 am

goto botom and click preview, when satisfied cut the code and paste it
    over your ftenet code on your BBS.

Thank you kind sir

You're Welcome!

... Chuck Norris counted to infinity - twice.

---