• Netmail

From Melkor@1:103/705 to All on Fri Dec 4 03:27:02 2020
    Recently Ill get notifications when I log on that I have a netmail but never get an option to read the mail and when I choose the read mail command it says I dont have any. This is something that just started happening within the last week or so. Running 3.18c under linux latest compile from gitlab. I am using DDMsgReader which has a scan mail module that im using but I think I recieved netmails after I started using it. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what it might be.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Star Frontiers BBS starfron.synchronetbbs.org
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Nelgin@1:103/705 to Melkor on Thu Dec 3 23:00:43 2020
    Melkor wrote:
    Recently Ill get notifications when I log on that I have a netmail but never
    get an option to read the mail and when I choose the read mail command it says I dont have any. This is something that just started happening within the last week or so. Running 3.18c under linux latest compile from gitlab. I am using DDMsgReader which has a scan mail module that im using but I think I recieved netmails after I started using it. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what it might be.

---
    ??? Synchronet ??? Star Frontiers BBS starfron.synchronetbbs.org

Using the sysop ;mail command are you able to see mails? Are they being imported? check /sbbs/data/sbbsecho.log

Check your Default options to make sure Ask for new message/file scan and/or ask for your unread msg scan are turned on.

I also use DDMsgReader and haven't had any problems though I do remember someone having a similar problem in the past. Make sure you'er running the
    last DDMsgReader (check you don't need to copy an updated version into /sbbs/mods or something like that).

---
    þ Synchronet þ End Of The Line BBS - endofthelinebbs.com
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From William Williams@1:106/633 to Nelgin on Fri Dec 4 05:15:13 2020
    Re: Re: Netmail
    By: Nelgin to Melkor on Thu Dec 03 2020 11:00 pm

Using the sysop ;mail command are you able to see mails? Are they being imported? check /sbbs/data/sbbsecho.log
    Yes I see them with ;mail.
    Check your Default options to make sure Ask for new message/file scan and/or ask for your unread msg scan are turned on.
    New file/msg scan was I turned on unread msg scan Ill see if thagt helps.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
    * Origin: Star Frontiers starfron.synchronetbbs.org (1:106/633)