• BINKIT

From Zazz@1:103/705 to All on Tue Feb 19 19:47:50 2019
    Well I've discovered binkit after reading messages in DoveNet and did the install. My hub can connect to it and send packets. However, unless I manually run sbbsecho and then binkit messages are not exported or imported.

I did not manually install, did the automatic install and so the info is in time events etc. So what do I need to check?

---
    þ Synchronet þ PBSync Prison BBS - wcalt.rdfig.net
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Zazz on Tue Feb 19 20:16:58 2019
    Re: BINKIT
    By: Zazz to All on Tue Feb 19 2019 07:47 pm

Well I've discovered binkit after reading messages in DoveNet and did the install. My hub can connect to it and send packets. However, unless I manually run sbbsecho and then binkit messages are not exported or
    imported.

I did not manually install, did the automatic install and so the info is in time events etc. So what do I need to check?

Binkit assumes you have a timed event called FIDOIN, which it will attempt to trigger by touching the semfile data/fidoin.now. Do you have a FIDOIN event configured/enabled in SCFG->External Programs->Timed Events?

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #81:
    Vertrauen has had the FidoNet node number 1:103/705 since 1992.
    Norco, CA WX: 45.3øF, 68.0% humidity, 4 mph ESE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
  • From Zazz@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Wed Feb 20 07:44:14 2019
    By: Digital Man to Zazz on Tue Feb 19 2019 20:16:58

Binkit assumes you have a timed event called FIDOIN, which it will attempt to trigger by touching the semfile data/fidoin.now. Do you have a FIDOIN event configured/enabled in SCFG->External Programs->Timed Events?

digital man

Yes, there is one and as I look at it, it is not enabled. So it is now. Question: Execution Time says 00:00
    So it runs at midnight?

Also enabled FIDOOUT.

I guess they were not enabled as default.

Should work now.

---
    þ Synchronet þ PBSync Prison BBS - wcalt.rdfig.net
  • From mark lewis@1:3634/12.73 to Zazz on Wed Feb 20 09:21:56 2019

On 2019 Feb 20 07:44:14, you wrote to Digital Man:

Binkit assumes you have a timed event called FIDOIN, which it will
    attempt to trigger by touching the semfile data/fidoin.now. Do you have
    a FIDOIN event configured/enabled in SCFG->External Programs->Timed
    Events?

Yes, there is one and as I look at it, it is not enabled. So it is now. Question: Execution Time says 00:00
    So it runs at midnight?

what are the other time-related settings? mine doesn't run until triggered by the ctrl/fidoin.now semaphore...

Also enabled FIDOOUT.

i honestly don't remember if they were or not...

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey
    Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong...
    ... Blessed be the pessimist for he hath made backups.
    ---
    * Origin: (1:3634/12.73)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Zazz on Wed Feb 20 15:15:51 2019
    By: Zazz to Digital Man on Wed Feb 20 2019 07:44 am

Binkit assumes you have a timed event called FIDOIN, which it will attempt to trigger by touching the semfile data/fidoin.now. Do you have FIDOIN event configured/enabled in SCFG->External Programs->Timed
    Events?

digital man

So it runs at midnight?

By default, it only runs when signaled via semfile; that's what this setting accomplishes:
    Execution Days of Week None

Also enabled FIDOOUT.

Right. They certainly could be enabled by default. I do that for the next release I think.

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #40:
    Morty the Mime: Come on, don't talk back, mime is money, come on, move it. Norco, CA WX: 48.6øF, 62.0% humidity, 2 mph SE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Linux
  • From Mortifis@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Wed Feb 20 19:53:04 2019
    By: Zazz to Digital Man on Wed Feb 20 2019 07:44 am

digital man

So it runs at midnight?

By default, it only runs when signaled via semfile; that's what this
    setting
    accomplishes:
    Execution Days of Week None

Also enabled FIDOOUT.

Right. They certainly could be enabled by default. I do that for the next release I think.

digital man

As I get older both my memory and my attention span wanes ... in the next release could you include a FidoNet setup so all old and confused people like can just submit an application and wait for a node number ;-)

2 wrongs don't make a right, but 3 left turns will get you back on the freeway!

---
    þ Synchronet þ AlleyCat! BBS - http://alleycat.synchro.net:81