• BBS Entry

From Jeffrey Bodenstein@1:103/705 to digital man on Wed Sep 23 02:19:45 2020
    Good Evening / Early Morning!

So I am almost ready to get my BBS live here and when running the checker it is telling me that my BBS listing doesn't match what I have on your system. Since my acct is QWK I can not view or modify that.

Question is how can I get that changed or will it auto update via the BBSlist Sync?

JB

---
    þ Synchronet þ Coffee House BBS - Lisle, IL (bbs.coffeehousebbs.me)
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Jeffrey Bodenstein on Wed Sep 23 10:10:15 2020
    Re: BBS Entry
    By: Jeffrey Bodenstein to digital man on Wed Sep 23 2020 02:19 am

So I am almost ready to get my BBS live here and when running the checker
    it
    is telling me that my BBS listing doesn't match what I have on your system. Since my acct is QWK I can not view or modify that.

Question is how can I get that changed or will it auto update via the BBSlist Sync?

Yes, your system should be exporting your BBS list entry into DOVE-Net via the SYNCDATA conference where it will be imported here on Vertrauen.

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #36:
    Bobbi Flekman: Money talks, and bullshit walks.
    Norco, CA WX: 80.3øF, 48.0% humidity, 0 mph SSE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
  • From Jeffrey Bodenstein@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Thu Sep 24 09:49:10 2020
    By: Digital Man to Jeffrey Bodenstein on Wed Sep 23 2020 10:10 am

Thank you sir.

---
  • From Jeffrey Bodenstein@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Fri Sep 25 01:23:14 2020

So I am almost ready to get my BBS live here and when running the
    checker it is telling me that my BBS listing doesn't match what I have on your system. Since my acct is QWK I can not
    view or modify that.

Question is how can I get that changed or will it auto update via the
    BBSlist Sync?

Yes, your system should be exporting your BBS list entry into DOVE-Net via
    the SYNCDATA conference where it will be imported here on Vertrauen.

I just checked via http://cvs.synchro.net/sbbslist.ssjs and the telnet address shows mybbs.com instead of bbs.coffeehousebbs.me
    It has been a few days and no change. Thoughts?

Thanks

---
  • From Kurisu@1:103/705 to Jeffrey Bodenstein on Fri Sep 25 09:35:22 2020
    By: Jeffrey Bodenstein to Digital Man on Fri Sep 25 2020 01:23 am

I just checked via http://cvs.synchro.net/sbbslist.ssjs and the telnet
    address shows mybbs.com instead of bbs.coffeehousebbs.me

That part of the listing gets updated once a week or so. I know there is a way to make it update more regularly, which I did to my BBS, but I've since forgotten exactly what I did, but once I discovered it the tweak worked on the next update.

I'm sure DM can clarify, or if you hunt in the wiki you will see what I saw which lead me to discover this.

I really need to document my findings....
    _____
    Kurisu Yamato - www.xadara.com

---
    þ Synchronet þ Final Zone BBS - The official BBS of xadara.com - finalzone.ddns.net
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Jeffrey Bodenstein on Fri Sep 25 10:08:02 2020
    By: Jeffrey Bodenstein to Digital Man on Fri Sep 25 2020 01:23 am

So I am almost ready to get my BBS live here and when running the checker it is telling me that my BBS listing doesn't match what I
    have
    on your system. Since my acct is QWK I can not view or modify that.

Yes, your system should be exporting your BBS list entry into DOVE-Net via the SYNCDATA conference where it will be imported here on Vertrauen.

I just checked via http://cvs.synchro.net/sbbslist.ssjs and the telnet address shows mybbs.com instead of bbs.coffeehousebbs.me

Do you have the SYNCDATA conference in your BBS configuration? Is there an SBL2SMB timed event configured and enabled on your systems (which runs "?sbbslist export")? The next step would be to double check that it's actually running and perhaps use 'smbutil r' command to read the syncdata sub-board and confirm that your BBS entry was in fact exported there.

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #19:
    Oh then, maybe it's not green. Anyway this is what I sleep in sometimes.
    Norco, CA WX: 77.0øF, 51.0% humidity, 1 mph SSE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
  • From Jeffrey Bodenstein@1:103/705 to Kurisu on Fri Sep 25 14:16:16 2020
    By: Kurisu to Jeffrey Bodenstein on Fri Sep 25 2020 09:35 am

That part of the listing gets updated once a week or so. I know there is a
    way to make it update more regularly, which I did to my BBS, but I've since forgotten exactly what I did, but
    once
    I discovered it the tweak worked on the next update.

I'm sure DM can clarify, or if you hunt in the wiki you will see what I saw
    which lead me to discover this.

I really need to document my findings....

Gotcha and thank you.. I'll pour over the wiki more as well and can easy wait the week as well. I have many notes and really need to clean them up and put them more into a OneNote file or something so I can go back and understand something more than scratch.. lol - Learning tons daily

Thank you for the info.

---
  • From Jeffrey Bodenstein@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Fri Sep 25 23:13:24 2020
    By: Digital Man to Jeffrey Bodenstein on Fri Sep 25 2020 10:08 am

Do you have the SYNCDATA conference in your BBS configuration? Is there an
    SBL2SMB timed event configured and enabled on your systems (which runs "?sbbslist export")? The next step would
    be
    to double check that it's actually running and perhaps use 'smbutil r'
    command to read the syncdata sub-board and confirm that your BBS entry was in fact exported there.

digital man

I do have SYNCDATA and yes the times events are setup. I did a force to run them again and did not show up. I was able to find via the SYNCDATA the Orginal posting and two changes but nothing after that which does match up to why the data never changed.

As a test I deleted my BBS and forced an update which then in the logs I see the BBS complaining so I went back in and added my BBS back into the list with all the correct data. I now see the message in SYNCDATA ready to go out at the next call out for Dove-Net. So fingers crossed that all should be good going forward.

Thanks again for the reply and another page of notes on how this runs. That is awesome in my book.

JB

---
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Jeffrey Bodenstein on Sat Sep 26 00:45:57 2020
    By: Jeffrey Bodenstein to Digital Man on Fri Sep 25 2020 11:13 pm

By: Digital Man to Jeffrey Bodenstein on Fri Sep 25 2020 10:08 am

Do you have the SYNCDATA conference in your BBS configuration? Is there an SBL2SMB timed event configured and enabled on your systems (which
    runs
    "?sbbslist export")? The next step would be
    to double check that it's actually running and perhaps use 'smbutil r' command to read the syncdata sub-board and confirm that your BBS entry was in fact exported there.

I do have SYNCDATA and yes the times events are setup. I did a force to run them again and did not show up. I was able to find via the SYNCDATA the Orginal posting and two changes but nothing after that which does match up to why the data never changed.

As a test I deleted my BBS and forced an update which then in the logs I
    see
    the BBS complaining so I went back in and added my BBS back into the list with all the correct data. I now see the message in SYNCDATA ready to go
    out
    at the next call out for Dove-Net. So fingers crossed that all should be good going forward.

Thanks again for the reply and another page of notes on how this runs. That is awesome in my book.

Yeah, I think you were being limited by the default export frequency. Adding the '-force' option to the sbbslist.js export command-line likely would have fixed that.

digital man

Rush quote #36:
    Raging at unreachable glory, straining at invisible chains
    Norco, CA WX: 64.6øF, 89.0% humidity, 1 mph SSE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.11-Linux
  • From Jeffrey Bodenstein@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Sat Sep 26 14:34:27 2020
    By: Digital Man to Jeffrey Bodenstein on Sat Sep 26 2020 12:45 am

Yeah, I think you were being limited by the default export frequency.
    Adding the '-force' option to the sbbslist.js export command-line likely would have fixed that.

digital man

gotcha - I will add that to my notes. Shouldn't really need that in the future but never know.

JB

---