• dosemu/SBBS doors

From Fang-Castro@1:103/705 to All on Sat Jun 6 19:15:16 2020
    I'm diving into trying to get some local doors running on my SBBS and having a little difficulty understanding the http://wiki.synchro.net/howto:dosemu wiki.

It mentions an emusetup.bat file that should have drive letters D: through H: already remapped to directories in Linux. But the emusetup.bat shown in the wiki doesn't have this.

Shouldn't these remapped drives happen in the autoexec.bat file inside dosemu?
    with the lredir command? ...and that's where I'm at =p

Thanks in advance; any other tips also appreciated.

---
    þ Synchronet þ flee the planet bbs
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From The Lizard Master@1:103/705 to Fang-Castro on Sun Jun 7 08:25:19 2020
    Re: dosemu/SBBS doors
    By: Fang-Castro to All on Sat Jun 06 2020 07:15 pm

I'm diving into trying to get some local doors running on my SBBS and
    having
    a little difficulty understanding the http://wiki.synchro.net/howto:dosemu wiki.

It mentions an emusetup.bat file that should have drive letters D: through H: already remapped to directories in Linux. But the emusetup.bat shown in the wiki doesn't have this.

Shouldn't these remapped drives happen in the autoexec.bat file inside dosemu? with the lredir command? ...and that's where I'm at =p

The drives are set up as D: is the node, and E: has your door game. So if you were setting up a door called door, you might do DOOR.SYS in NODE dir.

D:\door.sys
    E:\door\door.exe

Make sure you include the sub directory on your door settings for the E drive.

Synch
    ../xtrn/door - Start up directory
    door.exe/door.bat - Execution

---TLM

---
    þ Synchronet þ Nite Eyes BBS - To make people happy about my tagline everywhere...
  • From Rampage@1:103/705 to Fang-Castro on Sun Jun 7 08:22:22 2020
    Re: dosemu/SBBS doors
    By: Fang-Castro to All on Sat Jun 06 2020 19:15:16

I'm diving into trying to get some local doors running on my SBBS and having a little difficulty understanding the http://wiki.synchro.net/howto:dosemu wiki.

don't take it all literally... words like "must" are used where they are not needed... "could" and "may" are better but...

It mentions an emusetup.bat file that should have drive letters D:
    through H: already remapped to directories in Linux. But the
    emusetup.bat shown in the wiki doesn't have this.

i think you are misreading those two sections... the first section is about about emusetup.bat (which really is not needed, BTW)... the second section is about the drive letters so you know what is where... the first sentence says

The rest of these instructions assume that you are
    using the default remapped drive letters
    *and haven't changed them around in emusetup.bat.*

emphasis mine...

Shouldn't these remapped drives happen in the autoexec.bat file
    inside dosemu? with the lredir command? ...and that's where
    I'm at =p

you could but no... not with the way that sbbs sets things up... sbbs sets all this up in the external.bat written to each node's directory... it runs after the autoexec.bat... *IF* sbbs finds sbbs/ctrl/emusetup.bat, it is called from external.bat AFTER the lredirs and the directory change to the door's directory... after emusetup.bat is called, then the door is executed followed by exitemu to return to the BBS... if sbbs doesn't find emusetup.bat, then that set is skipped and not written to external.bat...

above i say that emusetup.bat is not needed because it really isn't... all it does, generally speaking, is to load a FOSSIL driver and an ANSI driver but you can do this by putting them into the dosemu autoexec.bat and/or config.sys in the sbbs/ctrl/.dosemu/drive_c/ files... this is the way my system is set up and emusetup.bat is not used at all...

touch base with me on IRC if you have any questions... or i might tag you first ;)

)\/(ark

---
    þ Synchronet þ The SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR