• Login frontend / menu

From Slinky@1:103/705 to All on Thu Apr 30 18:59:59 2020
    I see that Constructive Chaos BBS has a login menu with an anti-bot component to it "Type [WTNO] to log in >". I imagine the code is randomly generated. I have a lot of problems with bots trying to hack the BBS all day and night. It's
    to the point I had to turn off login by number as they jam up the nodes with random numbers.

Is the login menu something available somewhere, or a custom coded module? I was going to log in and ask, but I figured I would toss it out here. If this is
    custom, is there a good login menu to help thwart bot hacking that is available? Sorry for all the questions.

Steven Bennett

---
    þ Synchronet þ Slinky's Place - spbbs.ddns.net
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From poison@1:103/705 to Slinky on Sat May 2 17:36:31 2020
    Re: Login frontend / menu
    By: Slinky to All on Thu Apr 30 2020 06:59 pm

I see that Constructive Chaos BBS has a login menu with an anti-bot component to it "Type [WTNO] to log in >". I imagine the code is randomly generated. I have a lot of problems with bots trying to hack the BBS all
    day
    and night. It's to the point I had to turn off login by number as they jam up the nodes with random numbers.

Is the login menu something available somewhere, or a custom coded module? was going to log in and ask, but I figured I would toss it out here. If
    this
    is custom, is there a good login menu to help thwart bot hacking that is available? Sorry for all the questions.

Steven Bennett

* Patrick Siglin - www.memphistw.org *
    ---
    þ Synchronet þ [bbs.memphistw.org] - [www.memphistw.org]
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)