• New Door: SyncCurrency

From Dmxrob@1:103/705 to All on Sun Feb 10 16:02:47 2019
    I wanted to get back into the BBS scene and learn about Javascript so figured what better way than to throw together a door. I've placed on github v1 of syncCurrency, a currency conversion door. It's nothing fancy, pretty basic in design and form, but was a great way for me to learn a little about writing doors and Javascript.

Who knows, maybe it will inspire someone else to write one - or maybe someone will have a idea for enhancements and v2!

You can find the code and instructions at: https://github.com/robertstinnett/syncCurrency/tree/v1.0

Feedback appreciated!

Rob

þ dmxrob þ - BBSing from St. Louis, Missouri since 1988

---
    þ Synchronet þ Gateway to the West - St. Louis, Missouri - bbs.dmxrob.net
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Andy Stump@1:116/4148 to Dmxrob on Mon Feb 11 18:21:59 2019
    I wanted to get back into the BBS scene and learn about Javascript so figured what better way than to throw together a door. I've placed on github v1 of syncCurrency, a currency conversion door. It's nothing fancy, pretty basic in design and form, but was a great way for me to learn a little about writing doors and Javascript.

Who knows, maybe it will inspire someone else to write one - or maybe someone will have a idea for enhancements and v2!

You can find the code and instructions at: https://github.com/robertstinnett/syncCurrency/tree/v1.0

Feedback appreciated!

Rob

þ dmxrob þ - BBSing from St. Louis, Missouri since 1988

---

I just added it to my BBS for testing

Looks pretty good, in your SYSOP.TXT file, just add a c to synccurrency to the modopts
    modopts section. I did a copy and paste and it errored out due to the missing C in the header.

I used to be a graphics hound with doors and BBS's but now the simplicity of text is more appealing.

Good job!
    --- SBBSecho 3.06-Win32
    * Origin: *Slate Hell BBS\Morristown, TN\1:116/4148 (1:116/4148)
  • From Dmxrob@1:103/705 to Andy Stump on Mon Feb 11 20:33:18 2019
    Re: Re: New Door: SyncCurrency
    By: Andy Stump to Dmxrob on Mon Feb 11 2019 06:21 pm

I just added it to my BBS for testing
    Looks pretty good, in your SYSOP.TXT file, just add a c to synccurrency to the modopts
    modopts section. I did a copy and paste and it errored out due to the missing C in the header.

Thanks, I will fix that.

Thanks for the feedback, I should have v1.1 posted sometime tonight that adds the ability to search for specific conversions on demand. Adding a little interactivity to it.

Rob

dmxrob þ BBSing from St. Louis, Missouri since 1988

---