• MRC for Synchronet

From Charles Stephenson@1:226/17 to All on Mon Apr 20 20:53:06 2020
    All,

I FINALLY got my echomail working again in Synchronet, now there's 2 more things I need to fix before I do some more tweaking. 1) I need to figure out why Dove-Net isn't working 2) MRC is choking. I want to figure out this MRC issue first so here it is:

I'm running 3 BBS programs under Ubuntu. (Synchronet, Enigma, and WWIV). I have MRC working in Enigma. I had it working in Synchronet first. Super easy to set up. When I tried to set it up in Enigma, when it loaded into the MRC window it showed nothing at all. Didn't lock up, just didn't show I was connected. Actually, there is a js that Enigma uses to run MRC. (mrc-multiplexor.js). when I had MRC running and working for Synchro, Enigma wouldn't load if I had MRC running. I figured if I deleted (or disabled) the js enigma would load.

SO, I got some help in the Syncronet IRC chat. I was told to change the port from 5000 to anything else. So I did that. it worked. BUT after rebooting Synchronet's MRC stopped working. Just showing the MRC screen/window. I changed the port to 5001. (I changed any instances in all the files needed to run MRC).

Is there anyone here running MRC on 2 different BBS programs? Any idea on how I can run MRC on 2 different BBS programs (on the same computer WITHOUT having to set up a VM)?

Thanks for any help
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: The New Frontier ][ BBS [frontierbbs.net:23] - OH (1:226/17)
  • From echicken@1:103/705 to Charles Stephenson on Mon Apr 20 22:06:03 2020
    Re: MRC for Synchronet
    By: Charles Stephenson to All on Mon Apr 20 2020 20:53:06

Is there anyone here running MRC on 2 different BBS programs? Any idea on
    how I
    can run MRC on 2 different BBS programs (on the same computer WITHOUT
    having to
    set up a VM)?

I think I gave you bad advice the other day. Please follow these steps:

1) In xtrn/mrc/mrc-connector.ini, set 'port' set to 5000.

2) In xtrn/mrc/mrc-client.ini, set 'port' to 5001.

3) In ctrl/services.ini, under [MRC-Connector], set 'Port' to 5001.

I think I screwed up re: step 1 when we chatted.

Just to be clear, there's nothing uniquely special about running more than one set of MRC multiplexers/clients on one machine. You could as easily be running two different webservers, IRC servers, NNTP servers, etc.

---
    echicken
    electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
    þ Synchronet þ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Charles Stephenson@1:226/17 to echicken on Tue Apr 21 20:51:33 2020
    Re: MRC for Synchronet
    By: echicken to Charles Stephenson on Mon Apr 20 2020 10:06 pm

I think I gave you bad advice the other day. Please follow these steps:

1) In xtrn/mrc/mrc-connector.ini, set 'port' set to 5000.

Yeah I changed that back to 5000. going to restart my services and see if it will work, thank you again!
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: The New Frontier ][ BBS [frontierbbs.net:23] - OH (1:226/17)