• Solomoriah's War

From Grease@1:103/705 to All on Thu Jan 16 21:38:25 2020
    When trying to set up this door, I keep getting this error:

1/16 21:36:15 term Node 2 <Grease> running external program: Solomoriah's War 1/16 21:36:15 term Node 2 <Grease> !JavaScript /sbbs/xtrn/war/war.js line 2418: Error: No filename specified

Which filename is it looking for?

Grease
    darkmatt.synchro.net

... Americans like fat books and thin women

---
    þ Synchronet þ DARK MATTER BBS <<*>> darkmatt.synchro.net <<*>> Howdy, Y'all!
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From mark lewis@1:3634/12 to Grease on Fri Jan 17 07:01:48 2020
    Re: Solomoriah's War
    By: Grease to All on Thu Jan 16 2020 21:38:25

1/16 21:36:15 term Node 2 <Grease> running external program:
    Solomoriah's War 1/16 21:36:15 term Node 2 <Grease> !JavaScript
    /sbbs/xtrn/war/war.js line 2418: Error: No filename specified

what is line 2418 of that file on your system?

Which filename is it looking for?

AFAICT, it isn't looking for a file... it is trying to create a file object to work with...

)\/(ark
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR (1:3634/12)
  • From Grease@1:103/705 to mark lewis on Fri Jan 17 10:28:10 2020
    By: mark lewis to Grease on Fri Jan 17 2020 07:01 am

I don't know. I was seeing if someone else ran into this problem before and would reply, just do this. I would do it, and it would work.

If not, then I would have to dig deeper and see if I wanted to fix it or work on something else.

Grease
    darkmatt.synchro.net

... Success is being nothing but a quote.

---
  • From mark lewis@1:3634/12.73 to Grease on Fri Jan 17 12:48:36 2020

On 2020 Jan 17 10:28:10, you wrote to me:

I don't know. I was seeing if someone else ran into this problem before
    and
    would reply, just do this. I would do it, and it would work.

i asked for a specific reason... you didn't quote the rest of my message that states that it appears that line is trying to create a new file object...

If not, then I would have to dig deeper and see if I wanted to fix it
    or work on something else.

i have the game running on another sbbs system being hosted here... from a quick look, it appears that the war.js i have on sestar is the same as the one on this other system... i'm not aware of any coding work done on the game since i first saw it and we set it up...

i don't recall running into this specific problem you are seeing because the game was set up back in like 2014 and has been running ever since... AFAIK, it hasn't had any problems but that board is very little used and was an experimental system spun up for a friend of mine...

IIRC this game has a scheduled event that also runs to maintain the files and perform the player's movements... it may be that that event has to run first to create some needed file(s) for the first time and then players may join... i really don't recall as it was so long ago...

i just popped into that game on that system and it is still running... i don't remember how to play it, though, and it appears that many of my troops abandoned me LUL

)\/(ark

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.
    ... DalekDOS v(overflow): (I)Obey, (V)ision impaired, (E)xterminate?
    ---
    * Origin: (1:3634/12.73)
  • From Grease@1:103/705 to mark lewis on Fri Jan 17 14:40:46 2020
    By: mark lewis to Grease on Fri Jan 17 2020 12:48 pm

IIRC this game has a scheduled event that also runs to maintain the files and perform the player's movements... it may be that that event has to
    run
    first to create some needed file(s) for the first time and then players may join... i really don't recall as it was so long ago...

I set up the nightly WAR update and also there is one for the player turns. I have it set to do one an hour, instead of a minute. Checked today, and still same error.
    So, I guess I'll dig a little deeper.

Grease
    darkmatt.synchro.net

... Help fight continental drift.

---