• Files on NAS

From Matt Rivett@1:103/705 to All on Mon Jan 13 22:14:43 2020
    I was thinking of making a bunch of the files on my NAS available for users to download using SBBS. It's a Synology NAS server and supports NFS, SMB, etc. I'm running SBBS on Ubuntu. What would be the best way to set this up? Also the filessytem I'd like to share has many sub-directories with many files in each.

Matt

---
    þ Synchronet þ ADTECH - therivetts.com
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Nightfox@1:103/705 to Matt Rivett on Mon Jan 13 21:16:11 2020
    Re: Files on NAS
    By: Matt Rivett to All on Mon Jan 13 2020 10:14 pm

I was thinking of making a bunch of the files on my NAS available for users to download using SBBS. It's a Synology NAS server and supports
    NFS,
    SMB, etc. I'm running SBBS on Ubuntu. What would be the best way to set this up? Also the filessytem I'd like to share has many sub-directories with many files in each.

I haven't used a Synology server, but I'd imagine if it hosts files on a network share, then in Synchronet's SCFG, you could probably provide the path as you normally would access it on your OS. For instance, on Windows, perhaps you could do something like \\network_share_name\directory_name (note the double-backslashes at the beginning), or on Linux, you could probably provide the path where the share is mounted.

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Matt Rivett on Mon Jan 13 22:26:01 2020
    Re: Files on NAS
    By: Matt Rivett to All on Mon Jan 13 2020 10:14 pm

I was thinking of making a bunch of the files on my NAS available for users to download using SBBS. It's a Synology NAS server and supports NFS, SMB, etc. I'm running SBBS on Ubuntu. What would be the best way to set this
    up?
    Also the filessytem I'd like to share has many sub-directories with many files in each.

If the BBS is running on *nix (e.g. Ubuntu), then mounting the NAS drive as an NFS share would be the easiest route. https://linuxize.com/post/how-to-mount-an-nfs-share-in-linux/

Then you'd add the directories in SCFG->File Areas.

Then you'd add the files to the filebases:
    http://wiki.synchro.net/faq:files

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #2:
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".
    Norco, CA WX: 49.3øF, 89.0% humidity, 0 mph S wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux