• Adding TIC files

From Grease@1:103/705 to All on Tue Dec 17 09:53:19 2019
    I have a couple of file areas that are getting files from ALLFIX. They are getting tossed to the correct directory, but they are not showing up on new file scan nor in the directory listing.

Do I need to create an event for ADDFILES? Maybe addfiles - SZN? Or is there another way to do this?

Grease
    darkmatt.synchro.net

...A communist is one who has nothing and wishes to share it with the world.

---
    þ Synchronet þ Dark Matter BBS >>> darkmatt.synchro.net >>> Howdy from Texas!
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Grease on Tue Dec 17 12:13:39 2019
    Re: Adding TIC files
    By: Grease to All on Tue Dec 17 2019 09:53 am

I have a couple of file areas that are getting files from ALLFIX. They are getting tossed to the correct directory, but they are not showing up on new file scan nor in the directory listing.

Do I need to create an event for ADDFILES? Maybe addfiles - SZN? Or is
    there
    another way to do this?

Yes, something will need to run addfiles. You could use TickIT instead of ALLFIX and it handles that for you, or you can have ALLFIX run addfiles or trigger and addfiles timed event via semaphore file. http://wiki.synchro.net/module:tickit

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #17:
    David St. Hubbins: It's such a fine line between stupid, and uh... and clever. Norco, CA WX: 61.6øF, 17.0% humidity, 5 mph WNW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Grease@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Tue Dec 17 16:52:51 2019
    By: Digital Man to Grease on Tue Dec 17 2019 12:13 pm

Yes, something will need to run addfiles. You could use TickIT instead of ALLFIX and it handles that for you, or you can have ALLFIX run addfiles or trigger and addfiles timed event via semaphore file. http://wiki.synchro.net/module:tickit

I have the TickIT event set up. It puts them in the directory. But when I look for new files on the system, they don't show up. And they don't show up in the area listing either. But they are in the directory.

So I must have left something out.

Grease
    darkmatt.synchro.net

...A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.

---
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Grease on Tue Dec 17 15:21:11 2019
    By: Grease to Digital Man on Tue Dec 17 2019 04:52 pm

By: Digital Man to Grease on Tue Dec 17 2019 12:13 pm

Yes, something will need to run addfiles. You could use TickIT instead
    of
    ALLFIX and it handles that for you, or you can have ALLFIX run addfiles or trigger and addfiles timed event via semaphore file. http://wiki.synchro.net/module:tickit

I have the TickIT event set up. It puts them in the directory. But when I look for new files on the system, they don't show up. And they don't show
    up
    in the area listing either. But they are in the directory.

So I must have left something out.

Were you using ALLFIX previously and then switched to TickIT? If so, then you'll need to run addfiles manually (one time) to get those older files imported into the filebase.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #53:
    Synchronet Blackjack was the first multi-node/multi-user game for Synchronet. Norco, CA WX: 61.5øF, 16.0% humidity, 6 mph WNW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Rampage@1:103/705 to Grease on Wed Dec 18 08:02:09 2019
    By: Grease to Digital Man on Tue Dec 17 2019 16:52:51

I have the TickIT event set up. It puts them in the directory. But
    when I look for new files on the system, they don't show up. And
    they don't show up in the area listing either. But they are in the directory.

what does your TickIT log output look like? it should look something like this...

----->8 snip 8<-----

Dec 18 05:16:50 sestar sbbs: evnt TICKIT Executing external: ?tickit.js

Dec 18 05:16:50 sestar sbbs: evnt TICKIT TickIT 1.54

Dec 18 05:16:50 sestar sbbs: evnt TICKIT Using system.temp_dir = '/sbbs/temp/event/'

Dec 18 05:16:50 sestar sbbs: evnt TICKIT Using system.logs_dir = '/sbbs/data/'

Dec 18 05:16:50 sestar sbbs: evnt TICKIT Global address is main system address: 1:3634/12

[... tic validating and systems the file is sent to ...]

Dec 18 05:16:50 sestar sbbs: evnt TICKIT Importing...

Dec 18 05:16:50 sestar sbbs: evnt TICKIT Using 'NASA' area uploader: NASA File Dist

Dec 18 05:16:50 sestar sbbs: evnt TICKIT Executing: '/sbbs/exec/addfiles fdist-nasa -x "NASA File Dist" -z +/sbbs/temp/event/tickit-files.bbs 24 13 >>/sbbs/data/addfiles.log 2>&1'.

Dec 18 05:16:50 sestar sbbs: evnt TICKIT addfiles returned: 0

----->8 snip 8<-----

)\/(ark

---
    þ Synchronet þ The SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR
  • From Grease@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Wed Dec 18 09:54:49 2019
    By: Digital Man to Grease on Tue Dec 17 2019 03:21 pm

Were you using ALLFIX previously and then switched to TickIT? If so, then you'll need to run addfiles manually (one time) to get those older files imported into the filebase.

I use ALLFIX in my to line in the netmail to turn on file areas. ex. ALLFIX@1:XXX/XX. My password in the subject line. I then get a TIC and file to me. TickIt runs and puts the files into the correct directories. But nothing happens to get the files listed when you look for them.

Grease
    darkmatt.synchro.net

...A continuing flow of paper is sufficient to continue the flow of paper.

---
  • From Grease@1:103/705 to Rampage on Wed Dec 18 10:31:05 2019
    By: Rampage to Grease on Wed Dec 18 2019 08:02 am

what does your TickIT log output look like? it should look something like this...

I don't know. I can't find a TickIt.log. I looked in SBBBSEcho.log, I can't find it in there either. But the files are in the directory.

I tried running ./jsexec addfiles -SZN from the /sbbs/exec directory. It did not work. It's missing a module. I can give more info when I get home from work this evening.

Grease
    darkmatt.synchro.net
    ...A countryman between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

---
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Grease on Wed Dec 18 10:46:54 2019
    By: Grease to Rampage on Wed Dec 18 2019 10:31 am

By: Rampage to Grease on Wed Dec 18 2019 08:02 am

what does your TickIT log output look like? it should look something
    this...

I don't know. I can't find a TickIt.log. I looked in SBBBSEcho.log, I can't find it in there either. But the files are in the directory.

Did you follow the instructions on the wiki for setting up TickIT?

I tried running ./jsexec addfiles -SZN from the /sbbs/exec directory. It
    did
    not work. It's missing a module. I can give more info when I get home from work this evening.

addfiles is a native utility, not a JavaScript module: http://wiki.synchro.net/util:addfiles

digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #18:
    DM = Digital Man (Rob Swindell) or Dungeon Master
    Norco, CA WX: 57.3øF, 21.0% humidity, 0 mph SW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Rampage@1:103/705 to Grease on Thu Dec 19 06:57:44 2019
    By: Grease to Rampage on Wed Dec 18 2019 10:31:05

what does your TickIT log output look like? it should look something like
    this...

I don't know. I can't find a TickIt.log. I looked in SBBBSEcho.log, I
    can't find it in there either. But the files are in the directory.

it'll be in your system log where all the events are logged... TickIT is run as an event most of the time so sbbs logs it as an "evnt" line like seen in my log snippet...

)\/(ark

---
    þ Synchronet þ The SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR