• Fort Worth Gamers: gaming session 06/27/17

From mward258@charterNOSPAM.net@1:124/5013 to All on Thu Jan 31 19:19:24 2019
    Path: eternal-september.org!reader01.eternal-september.org!reader02.eternal-september .org!news.eternal-september.org!news.eternal-september.org!feeder.eternal-septe mber.org!aioe.org!.POSTED!not-for-mail
    Newsgroups: dfw.games
    Subject: Fort Worth Gamers: gaming session 06/27/17
    Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 01:27:49 -0500
    Organization: Aioe.org NNTP Server
    Lines: 52
    Message-ID: <oivi6v$1er$1@gioia.aioe.org>
    Reply-To: "Michael Ward" <mward258@charterNOSPAM.net>
    NNTP-Posting-Host: 22l5EYHA3sCQO6v0KmD56w.user.gioia.aioe.org
    X-Complaints-To: abuse@aioe.org
    X-Priority: 3
    X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.6157
    X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5931
    X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
    X-Notice: Filtered by postfilter v. 0.8.2
    Xref: news.eternal-september.org dfw.games:937

Tuesday, 06/27/17 6 to 9 PM at the Hulen Mall food court, at 4800 South
    Hulen Street, in southwest Fort Worth, TX.

We eventually had six gamers at two tables this eventually rainy evening, including newcomers Michael C and Michael L. Farrell wandered in around 7:45 and merely observed.

Table # - First, my Medici, which was new to Michael L, Michael C, Sonnett, and Jason. At the end of Day One Jason P lead with 58, while Michael C and I brought up the rear with 40. Connor had snagged the valuable Gold card. The end of Day Two saw Jason still in the lead with 74, while I was now solely
    in the rear with 48. Michael L had taken the Gold card. On Day Three several players achieved the top of the commodity pyramids. Michael L gained the
    Gold card, again. At game end Michael L was 2nd in cloth. Jason was tops in fur. Michael C had the most dye and spice. Connor had topped out in grain. Sonnett was second in dye and fur. And I achieved the pinnacle in Cloth (but had done horribly in the other commodities). No one set sail this outing
    with less than a full ship.

Scores: Michael L 107, Jason P 97, Sonnett 87, Michael C 85, Connor 61, Michael W 53. Duration: one hour and five minutes. I believe everyone
    enjoyed the game.

We then broke into two tables. Continuing on at table 1, we played my The Builders: Antiquity, which was new to Sonnett and Michael C. I had thought we'd have time to finish. Alas, no. I think we got through about 2/3's of a game before 9 PM rolled around.

Partial scores: Michael C 16.7, Sonnett 13.5, Michael W 11.2. Duration: one hour. Michael C and Sonnet enjoyed the game.

Table #2 - Jason's Relic (or Relics). I had no time to even look at it, and
    I barely got a score out of them. For they too didn't finish their game and were scrambling at 9 PM to put the game up. Connor said they got through
    about 3/4's of a game.

Partial scores: Jason P 35+, Michael L 34, Connor 27.

See BoardgameGeek http://www.boardgamegeek.com/ for more information on the games mentioned above. And if you're in the area on a Tuesday night feel
    free to join us for a game.

--
    Michael Ward
    Fort Worth Gamers
    And check out our MeetUp page http://www.meetup.com/FortWorthGamers/ .

--- Platinum Xpress/Win/WINServer v3.1
    * Origin: Prison Board BBS Mesquite Tx //telnet.RDFIG.NET www. (1:124/5013)