• New features

From nolageek@1:103/705 to All on Tue Oct 29 16:39:37 2019
    Greetings! - I've been getting back into a more active role on the BBS after a while of letting it be on auto pilot for the most part.

I see that there is a new external last callers module - is there a way to disable it (besides commenting it out of login.js like I have been doing.) Maybe a modopts.ini setting? I have my own last caller cod that I use and I'd prefer to not mess with core files unless I have to.

Also, I'd like to disable avatars again until I finish some modifications - is there a way to do so?

|01-|03nolageek

---
    þ Synchronet þ Capitol Shrill BBS - Washington, DC - capitolshrill.com
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to nolageek on Tue Oct 29 14:55:09 2019
    Re: New features
    By: nolageek to All on Tue Oct 29 2019 04:39 pm

Greetings! - I've been getting back into a more active role on the BBS
    after
    a while of letting it be on auto pilot for the most part.

I see that there is a new external last callers module - is there a way to disable it (besides commenting it out of login.js like I have been doing.) Maybe a modopts.ini setting? I have my own last caller cod that I use and I'd prefer to not mess with core files unless I have to.

Do you mean logon.js? Where's your "own last caller code" located, if not in logon.js?

Also, I'd like to disable avatars again until I finish some modifications - is there a way to do so?

Please elaborate: you want to disable the *display* of avatars (e.g. on messages posted by myself) or you want to prevent your users from selecting/creating an avatar, or something else?

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #22:
    David St. Hubbins: Here lies David St. Hubbins... and why not?
    Norco, CA WX: 71.4øF, 30.0% humidity, 6 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From nolageek@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Wed Oct 30 09:00:36 2019
    By: Digital Man to nolageek on Tue Oct 29 2019 02:55 pm

Do you mean logon.js? Where's your "own last caller code" located, if not in logon.js?

I have my last caller code (as well as some other stuff) in a file called logonevent.js that gets called as the Logon Event fixed event. Part of this is the prompt asking for a fast login so that all of it can be bypassed. In the past I have just been copying logon.js to ../mods and commenting all of that out - but since I see the last caller is not an external module I thought that maybe there was a way to disable it via modopts (or if not, make the suggestion for one hehe)

Please elaborate: you want to disable the *display* of avatars (e.g. on messages posted by myself) or you want to prevent your users from selecting/creating an avatar, or something else?

All of the above. The only way to check out the avatar system is to install it using 'jsexec avatars install' and after installation, is there such a function to remove it? Didn't see one in the avatars.js file.

Is it just a matter of removing the avat-in and avat-out timed events, the avatar chooser xtrn program, the modopts.ini entry and any code from msg headers? I'll add it back at a later date, but I dont like it with my current headers.

Thank you for the assistance.

|01-|03nolageek

---
  • From nolageek@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Wed Oct 30 09:02:36 2019
    Re: New features By: Digital Man to nolageek on Tue Oct 29 2019 02:55 pm
    Do you mean logon.js? Where's your "own last caller code" located, if not in logon.js? I have my last caller code (as well as some other stuff) in
    a file called logonevent.js that gets called as the Logon Event fixed event. Part of this is the prompt asking for a fast login so that all of it can be bypassed. In the past I have just been copying logon.js to ../mods and commenting all of that out - but since I see the last caller is now an external module I thought that maybe there was a way to disable it via modopts (or if not, make the suggestionfor one hehe) DM> Please elaborate: you want to disable the *display* of avatars (e.g. on DM> messages posted by myself) or you want to prevent your users from DM> selecting/creating an avatar, or something else? All of the above. The only way to check out the avatar system is to install it using 'jsexec avatars install' and after installation, is there such a functionto remove it? Didn't see one in the avatars.js file. Is it just a matter of removing the avat-in and avat-out timed events, the avatar chooser xtrn program, the modopts.ini entry and any code from msg headers? I'll add it back at a later date, but I dont like it with my current headers. Thank you for the assistance. |01-|03nolageek

---
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to nolageek on Wed Oct 30 11:05:50 2019
    By: nolageek to Digital Man on Wed Oct 30 2019 09:00 am

By: Digital Man to nolageek on Tue Oct 29 2019 02:55 pm

I have my last caller code (as well as some other stuff) in a file called logonevent.js that gets called as the Logon Event fixed event. Part of this is the prompt asking for a fast login so that all of it can be bypassed. In the past I have just been copying logon.js to ../mods and commenting all of that out - but since I see the last caller is not an external module I thought that maybe there was a way to disable it via modopts (or if not, make the suggestion for one hehe)

Okay, that's an easy change. I just committed an update to logon.js.

Please elaborate: you want to disable the *display* of avatars (e.g.
    on
    messages posted by myself) or you want to prevent your users from selecting/creating an avatar, or something else?

All of the above. The only way to check out the avatar system is to install it using 'jsexec avatars install' and after installation, is there such a function to remove it? Didn't see one in the avatars.js file.

No, there's no removal function.

Is it just a matter of removing the avat-in and avat-out timed events, the avatar chooser xtrn program, the modopts.ini entry and any code from msg headers? I'll add it back at a later date, but I dont like it with my current headers.

To prevent the display of avatars, changing the text.dat string MsgHdrBodySeparator to just "\r\n" would work. This string replacement can be performed via Baja or JS (e.g. in a logon event) if you like.

Or creating a 0-byte showmsgavatar.js file in your mods directory would also work.

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #2:
    Nigel Tufnel: Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".
    Norco, CA WX: 60.7øF, 9.0% humidity, 12 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From nolageek@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Thu Oct 31 13:34:09 2019
    By: Digital Man to nolageek on Wed Oct 30 2019 11:05 am

../mods and commenting all of that out - but since I see the last
    caller is not an external module I thought that maybe there was a way
    to disable it via modopts (or if not, make the suggestion for one
    Okay, that's an easy change. I just committed an update to logon.js.

Thank you so much! And thanks for the instructions on how to hide the avatars for a bit!

|01-|03nolageek

---