• GTKMONITOR

From Grease@1:103/705 to All on Mon Oct 7 11:33:21 2019
    Asked about this easrlier, and tried it. I am at work, so I logged in and ran the shell program. I had also tried this the other day from the actual terminal and got the same result. Sorry if this seem long, I just don't want to leave out what may be a vital piece of info.
    I go into /sbbs/src/sbbs3/gtkmonitor and type make. It starts and then give this error:

<snip>
    In this file included from gtkmonitor.h:6,
    from gtkmonitor.c:5:
    ../sbbs.h:113:10: fatal error: (in red) jsversion.h: No such file or directory
    113 | #include <jsversion.h> (in red)
    | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated
    make: *** [../../build/Commmon.gmake:458: gcc.linux.X64.obj.debug-mt/gtkmonitor
    .o] Error 1
    <snip>

I am running Manjaro Linux and am not a programmer. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Grease

---
    þ Synchronet þ Dark Matter BBS - darkmatt.synchro.net - Howdy from Texas!
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Grease on Mon Oct 7 12:39:47 2019
    Re: GTKMONITOR
    By: Grease to All on Mon Oct 07 2019 11:33 am

Asked about this easrlier, and tried it. I am at work, so I logged in and ran the shell program. I had also tried this the other day from the actual terminal and got the same result. Sorry if this seem long, I just don't
    want
    to leave out what may be a vital piece of info.
    I go into /sbbs/src/sbbs3/gtkmonitor and type make. It starts and then give this error:

<snip>
    ../sbbs.h:113:10: fatal error: (in red) jsversion.h: No such file or directory
    113 | #include <jsversion.h> (in red)
    | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated
    make: *** [../../build/Commmon.gmake:458: gcc.linux.X64.obj.debug-mt/gtkmonitor .o] Error 1
    <snip>

Where is the file jsversion.h on your system (hint: use 'locate jsversion.h')? When you built sbbs successfully, it must've found jsversion.h and it's required to build sbbs. Did you have to add any JSINCLUDE or JSLIB arguments to your make command-line when building sbbs? If so, you'll likely need those when building the gtk* projects as well.

digital man

Synchronet "Real Fact" #12:
    Synchronet was the first BBS software to ship with built-in RIPscrip support. Norco, CA WX: 88.6øF, 21.0% humidity, 5 mph E wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From Grease@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Mon Oct 7 20:54:50 2019
    By: Digital Man to Grease on Mon Oct 07 2019 12:39 pm

Where is the file jsversion.h on your system (hint: use 'locate jsversion.h')? When you built sbbs successfully, it must've found jsversion.h and it's required to build sbbs. Did you have to add any JSINCLUDE or JSLIB arguments to your make command-line when building sbbs? If so, you'll likely need those when building the gtk* projects as well.

It's weird, but it all ran without errors when I got home. I still don't have gtkmonitor in the /sbbs/exec directory though. I went into every directory in sbbs3 and ran make. Some said nothing to do others did run some stuff.

---
  • From Richard Williamson@1:103/705 to Grease on Tue Oct 8 01:10:17 2019
    make install SYMLINK=1

---
    þ Synchronet þ Richard's Fun House BBS | http://richardf.ddns.net
  • From Grease@1:103/705 to Richard Williamson on Tue Oct 8 10:57:41 2019
    By: Richard Williamson to Grease on Tue Oct 08 2019 01:10 am

make install SYMLINK=1

I thought I was missing something. I'll jump back on it tonight.

Grease

---
  • From Grease@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Mon Oct 7 18:34:00 2019
    Digital Man wrote to Grease <=-

Asked about this easrlier, and tried it. I am at work, so I logged in and ran the shell program. I had also tried this the other day from the actual terminal and got the same result. Sorry if this seem long, I just don't
    want
    to leave out what may be a vital piece of info.

<snip>
    ../sbbs.h:113:10: fatal error: (in red) jsversion.h: No such file or directoryb
    make: *** [../../build/Commmon.gmake:458: gcc.linux.X64.obj.debug-mt/gtkmonitor .o] Error 1
    <snip>

Where is the file jsversion.h on your system (hint: use 'locate jsversion.h')? When you built sbbs successfully, it must've found jsversion.h and it's required to build sbbs. Did you have to add any JSINCLUDE or JSLIB arguments to your make command-line when building
    sbbs? If so, you'll likely need those when building the gtk* projects
    as well.

It is in a few places : /sbbs/3rdp/gcc.linux/x.64/release/mozjs/include/js/jsversion.h /sbbs/3rdp/src/mozjs/js-1.8.5/js/src/jsversion.h /sbbs/3rdp/src/mozjs/js-1.8.5/js/src/dist/include/jsversion.h /sbbs/3rdp/win32.release/mozjs/include/jsversion.h /usr/include/mozjs-52/jsversion.h

looks like is everywhere but where it needs to be? I did not addany JSINCLUDE or JSLIB.
    Just went off http://wiki.synchro.net/install:nix steps.
    ... 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From Grease@1:103/705 to Richard Williamson on Tue Oct 8 10:10:00 2019
    Richard Williamson wrote to Grease <=-

make install SYMLINK=1

I knew it. It was something silly. Sorry to be a pain.

... Computer Hacker wanted. Must have own axe.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Grease on Tue Oct 8 09:50:26 2019
    Re: Re: GTKMONITOR
    By: Grease to Digital Man on Mon Oct 07 2019 06:34 pm

Digital Man wrote to Grease <=-

Asked about this easrlier, and tried it. I am at work, so I logged in
    and
    ran the shell program. I had also tried this the other day from the actual terminal and got the same result. Sorry if this seem long, I just don't want to leave out what may be a vital piece of info.

<snip>
    ../sbbs.h:113:10: fatal error: (in red) jsversion.h: No such file or directoryb
    <snip>

It is in a few places : /sbbs/3rdp/gcc.linux/x.64/release/mozjs/include/js/jsversion.h /sbbs/3rdp/src/mozjs/js-1.8.5/js/src/jsversion.h /sbbs/3rdp/src/mozjs/js-1.8.5/js/src/dist/include/jsversion.h /sbbs/3rdp/win32.release/mozjs/include/jsversion.h /usr/include/mozjs-52/jsversion.h

looks like is everywhere but where it needs to be? I did not addany JSINCLUDE or JSLIB.
    Just went off http://wiki.synchro.net/install:nix steps.

Then it *should* work. <shrug>

digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #77:
    TTY = Teletype (dumb terminal)
    Norco, CA WX: 74.6øF, 39.0% humidity, 0 mph WSW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux