• Mass Uploads

From Lupine Furmen@1:103/705 to All on Sun Oct 6 10:04:58 2019
    Ok, in the midst of setting up my file bases, and in doing the mass upload I'm noticing that Synchro is refusing to accept files with a single character extension, or files without an extension.
    Correction. I now see what's happening. It's not reading the long file names. It's trying to enforce an 8.3 file naming, so it's reading the first 8 character in the file name and treating the next 3 letters as the extension which is messing things up and it refuses to upload the file into the base. example, it's reading "A New Life - TheEggman.lit" as "A New Li.fe"

Also, Is there a way to have it do a mass upload without any interaction from my end?

-Dallas Vinson
    Furmens Folly - telnet: loybbs.net:23
    SSH: loybbs.net:23222
    Before the Web - telnet: loybbs.net:23232
    Legends of Yesteryear - telnet: loybbs.net:23322

---
    þ Synchronet þ Furmen's Folly - furmenservices.net:22
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Lupine Furmen on Sun Oct 6 12:43:21 2019
    Re: Mass Uploads
    By: Lupine Furmen to All on Sun Oct 06 2019 10:04 am

Ok, in the midst of setting up my file bases, and in doing the mass upload I'm noticing that Synchro is refusing to accept files with a single character extension, or files without an extension.
    Correction. I now see what's happening. It's not reading the long file names. It's trying to enforce an 8.3 file naming, so it's reading the first 8 character in the file name and treating the next 3 letters as the extension which is messing things up and it refuses to upload the file into the base. example, it's reading "A New Life - TheEggman.lit" as "A New Li.fe"

This is on Windows? Adding long filenames on Windows *should* work.

Do you also have this problem when there are no spaces in the filename? Spaces are problematic.

Also, Is there a way to have it do a mass upload without any interaction from my end?

Yes:
    http://wiki.synchro.net/faq:files#adding_files

digital man

Synchronet/BBS Terminology Definition #9:
    BSO = Binkley Style Outbound
    Norco, CA WX: 88.5øF, 25.0% humidity, 3 mph NW wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)