• Hurrican Dorian

From Mortifis@1:103/705 to All on Sat Sep 7 13:48:34 2019
    Bleh ... it is making Landfall right where I live in Nova Scotia, we already lost power once but it hasn't fully arrived yet. I am expecting to be offline for a few days. Good luck to all thos SysOps and people who are/will be affected by this hurrican!

See ya's soon

~Mortifis

My doctor said I have the body of a 25 year old ... and the mind of a 10 :-/

---
    þ Synchronet þ AlleyCat! BBS - http://alleycat.synchro.net:81
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From DaiTengu@1:103/705 to Mortifis on Sun Sep 8 13:01:47 2019
    Re: Hurrican Dorian
    By: Mortifis to All on Sat Sep 07 2019 01:48 pm

Bleh ... it is making Landfall right where I live in Nova Scotia, we already lost power once but it hasn't fully arrived yet. I am expecting
    to
    be offline for a few days. Good luck to all thos SysOps and people who are/will be affected by this hurrican!

Stay safe!

DaiTengu

... A man does not look behind the door unless he has stood there himself.

---
    þ Synchronet þ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com
  • From Mortifis@1:103/705 to DaiTengu on Tue Sep 10 19:09:30 2019
    Re: Hurrican Dorian
    By: Mortifis to All on Sat Sep 07 2019 01:48 pm

Bleh ... it is making Landfall right where I live in Nova Scotia, we already lost power once but it hasn't fully arrived yet. I am
    expecting
    to be offline for a few days. Good luck to all thos SysOps and people who are/will be affected by this hurrican!

Stay safe!

DaiTengu

Thanks, brah, our power went out just after I posted that message, it just came
    back on 77 hours without power... lost my chimney and there is still a tree on my roof but otherwise no damage, which I cannot say for the City of Halifax!

My doctor said I have the body of a 25 year old ... and the mind of a 10 :-/

---
    þ Synchronet þ AlleyCat! BBS - http://alleycat.synchro.net:81
  • From DaiTengu@1:103/705 to Mortifis on Wed Sep 11 08:12:19 2019
    Re: Re: Hurrican Dorian
    By: Mortifis to DaiTengu on Tue Sep 10 2019 07:09 pm

Stay safe!

Thanks, brah, our power went out just after I posted that message, it
    just
    came back on 77 hours without power... lost my chimney and there is still a tree on my roof but otherwise no damage, which I cannot say for the
    City
    of Halifax!

Yeesh. I had a tree fall onto my garage at my cottage this summer (I was outside looking at it when it went, it was one of the more surreal moments of my life, as it slowly tipped over...), it took out the power line, and ripped the periscope and the power box off the house, along with a 4x8 section of the siding/roof. Power was off for about 5 days for that, and then another storm ripped through up there 6 weeks later that knocked power out to the whole area for another week.

That said, it's a cottage, I simply didn't go up there. The second storm also ripped through where i live while I was on business in Singapore in July. My wife was without power for about 12 hours, but my 85 year old parents, who live on the other side of the city, were without power for 5 days, and I was stuck halfway around the world.

Anyway, glad you're ok. Sounds like you got lucky compared to a lot of people!

DaiTengu

... Whatever it is, it won't work.

---
    þ Synchronet þ War Ensemble BBS - The sport is war, total war - warensemble.com