• Find text in messages page pausing...

From Alterego@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Sun Aug 4 19:31:00 2019
    Hey DM,

I noticed today when I was searching for "text in a message", that it wasnt page scrolling properly.

I think it is pausing based on the number of message areas listed. (IE: If the page length is 24, then after 23 lines it pauses.)

Since I was searching to include subject lines - and the text I was searching showed many messages in each group - many were scrolling off the screen before the pause was prompted.

I was expecting that it would pause after screen length was sent to the screen, counting subject lines and message area lines.

Hope that makes sense...

...ëîå*

---
    þ Synchronet þ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Alterego on Sun Aug 4 03:48:53 2019
    Re: Find text in messages page pausing...
    By: Alterego to Digital Man on Sun Aug 04 2019 07:31 pm

Hey DM,

I noticed today when I was searching for "text in a message", that it wasnt page scrolling properly.

I think it is pausing based on the number of message areas listed. (IE: If the page length is 24, then after 23 lines it pauses.)

Since I was searching to include subject lines - and the text I was searching showed many messages in each group - many were scrolling off the screen before the pause was prompted.

I was expecting that it would pause after screen length was sent to the screen, counting subject lines and message area lines.

Hope that makes sense...

Okay, thanks for letting me know. Looks to be a problem only if you choose to displays subjects only.

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #43:
    I feel my role in the band is ... kind of like lukewarm water.
    Norco, CA WX: 66.4øF, 79.0% humidity, 0 mph S wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs
    --- SBBSecho 3.08-Linux
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Alterego on Thu Aug 8 12:06:50 2019
    By: Alterego to Digital Man on Sun Aug 04 2019 07:31 pm

Hey DM,

Hope that makes sense...

I traced the issue down to the Ctrl-A/Q ("\1q") (reset line-counter) sequence in the MailOnSystemLstHdr string in ctrl/text.dat. It doesn't appear that that code was necessary, so I've just removed it and the search results now pause one screenfull at a time.

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #29:
    I find lost luggage. I locate mandolin strings in the middle of Austin!
    Norco, CA WX: 83.3øF, 52.0% humidity, 2 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.08-Linux
  • From Alterego@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Fri Aug 9 09:23:18 2019
    By: Digital Man to Alterego on Thu Aug 08 2019 12:06 pm

I traced the issue down to the Ctrl-A/Q ("\1q") (reset line-counter) sequence in the MailOnSystemLstHdr string in ctrl/text.dat. It doesn't appear that that code was necessary, so I've just removed it and the search results now pause one screenfull at a time.

You da (digital) man!

Yup, I see it working well now...

Thanks...
    ...ëîå*

---
    þ Synchronet þ Alterant | an SBBS in Docker on Pi!