• logon.js

From Mortifis@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Sun Jul 21 15:56:11 2019
    Lately, when logging onto the board, I have been getting JavaScript Error logon.js line 24 USER_ICE_COLOR is not defined. Using the most recent logon.js, sbbsdefs.js, text.dat and text.js

My doctor said I have the body of a 25 year old ... and the mind of a 10 :-/

---
    þ Synchronet þ AlleyCat! BBS - http://alleycat.synchro.net:81
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From echicken@1:103/705 to Mortifis on Sun Jul 21 15:24:23 2019
    Re: logon.js
    By: Mortifis to Digital Man on Sun Jul 21 2019 15:56:11

Lately, when logging onto the board, I have been getting JavaScript Error logon.js line 24 USER_ICE_COLOR is not defined. Using the most recent logon.js, sbbsdefs.js, text.dat and text.js

Updating .js files piecemeal in your exec and exec/load directories is not ideal. This constant is
    defined in exec/load/userdefs.js, so you'll want the latest copy of that as well.

sbbsdefs.js was split up a while back, and it now loads stuff from a bunch of subsidiary files. (So you
    may update sbbsdefs.js, but it's still load()ing older versions of scripts that it depends on.)

Best to do a whole CVS update or bring in stuff from the latest sbbs_run archive (as applies to your
    install).

---
    echicken
    electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
    þ Synchronet þ electronic chicken bbs - bbs.electronicchicken.com
  • From Mortifis@1:103/705 to echicken on Sun Jul 21 20:25:02 2019
    Re: logon.js
    By: Mortifis to Digital Man on Sun Jul 21 2019 15:56:11

Updating .js files piecemeal in your exec and exec/load directories is not ideal. This constant is
    defined in exec/load/userdefs.js, so you'll want the latest copy of that as well.

sbbsdefs.js was split up a while back, and it now loads stuff from a bunch of subsidiary files. (So you
    may update sbbsdefs.js, but it's still load()ing older versions of scripts that it depends on.)

Best to do a whole CVS update or bring in stuff from the latest sbbs_run archive (as applies to your
    install).

Another DUH! moment ... I did a sbbs_run update not long ago, but I had a stale
    userdefs.js in mods/ ... found that by checking mods/ for emailval.js LOL

All good now, thanks

My doctor said I have the body of a 25 year old ... and the mind of a 10 :-/

---
    þ Synchronet þ AlleyCat! BBS - http://alleycat.synchro.net:81