• External Editors and RESULT.ED

From Nightfox@1:103/705 to Digital Man on Fri Jul 19 12:56:13 2019
    Hi DM,

Would it be an easy change in Synchronet for external editors to support writing RESULT.ED, even if they're configured to use QuickBBS MSGINF/MSGTMP? When I created SlyEdit, I chose MSGINF/MSGTMP because those drop files include information such as the sub-board name (which I wanted to display in SlyEdit). I'd like to be able to have SlyEdit allow the user to change the subject though, which seems to only work if the editor is configured to use WWIV EDITOR.INF/RESULT.ED. I'm wondering if maybe a 3rd option could be added to the Editor Information Files, something like "MSGINF/MSGTMP/RESULT.ED" or similar, or perhaps even something new to support an extra drop file with a new
    (changed) subject?

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Digital Man@1:103/705 to Nightfox on Sat Jul 20 11:59:00 2019
    Re: External Editors and RESULT.ED
    By: Nightfox to Digital Man on Fri Jul 19 2019 12:56 pm

Hi DM,

Would it be an easy change in Synchronet for external editors to support writing RESULT.ED, even if they're configured to use QuickBBS
    MSGINF/MSGTMP?

Yes, that looks like a quick 'n' easy change.

When I created SlyEdit, I chose MSGINF/MSGTMP because those drop files include information such as the sub-board name (which I wanted to display
    in
    SlyEdit). I'd like to be able to have SlyEdit allow the user to change the subject though, which seems to only work if the editor is configured to use WWIV EDITOR.INF/RESULT.ED. I'm wondering if maybe a 3rd option could be added to the Editor Information Files, something like "MSGINF/MSGTMP/RESULT.ED" or similar, or perhaps even something new to support an extra drop file with a new (changed) subject?

The simplest change is to just to check and see if the editor created a RESULT.ED file and use if it did. Watch for a commit which does that.

digital man

This Is Spinal Tap quote #39:
    Airport Security Officer: Do you have any artificial plates or limbs?
    Norco, CA WX: 77.5øF, 54.0% humidity, 4 mph ENE wind, 0.00 inches rain/24hrs --- SBBSecho 3.07-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)