Update of /cvsroot/sbbs/xtrn/lord
    In directory cvs:/tmp/cvs-serv10069

Added Files:
    Sysop.doc
    Log Message:
    Start a sysop document.

It sucks.

--- SBBSecho 3.09-Linux
    * Origin: Vertrauen - [vert/cvs/bbs].synchro.net (1:103/705)
  • From Brokenmind@1:103/705 to deuce on Wed Sep 11 17:38:10 2019
    Re: xtrn/lord/Sysop.doc
    By: deuce to CVS commit on Tue Sep 10 2019 02:40 pm

Good luck with that deuce but i have faith in you. though i agree with the statement it sucks in all the years that I have been a SysOp since the 80s i have seen a lot of sysop docs and the time that is put into some of them docs is crazy

BrokenMind

---
    þ Synchronet þ THe iNSANE AsYLuM BBs - TiABBs.SYNCHRO.NET TiABBs.ZAPTO.ORG
  • From Mortifis@1:103/705 to Brokenmind on Wed Sep 11 20:57:06 2019
    Re: xtrn/lord/Sysop.doc
    By: deuce to CVS commit on Tue Sep 10 2019 02:40 pm

Good luck with that deuce but i have faith in you. though i agree with the statement it sucks in all the years that I have been a SysOp since the 80s have seen a lot of sysop docs and the time that is put into some of them docs is crazy

BrokenMind

... that's 'cuz code progresses but not every change is documented ... the beauty of lord.js is, if one 'reads' code, one can identify changes, subtle as they may be ... personally, I just ask Deuce and occasionally piss him off when
    the answer is obvious :-P ... I asked to contribute to the IGM.doc and have 2 IGM's ready for shipping but no reply .... BTW, I don't think Deuce scans Dove-Net :-P

My doctor said I have the body of a 25 year old ... and the mind of a 10 :-/

---
    þ Synchronet þ AlleyCat! BBS - http://alleycat.synchro.net:81
  • From Mortifis@1:103/705 to deuce on Wed Sep 11 20:57:59 2019
    xtrn/lord Sysop.doc NONE 1.1
    In directory cvs:/tmp/cvs-serv10069

Added Files:
    Sysop.doc
    Log Message:
    Start a sysop document.

It sucks.

nah, it's an ambitious start! :)

---
  • From Nightfox@1:103/705 to Mortifis on Wed Sep 11 17:45:32 2019
    Re: Re: xtrn/lord/Sysop.doc
    By: Mortifis to Brokenmind on Wed Sep 11 2019 08:57 pm

... that's 'cuz code progresses but not every change is documented ...
    the
    beauty of lord.js is, if one 'reads' code, one can identify changes, subtle as they may be ... personally, I just ask Deuce and occasionally piss him off when the answer is obvious :-P ... I asked to contribute to the IGM.doc and have 2 IGM's ready for shipping but no reply .... BTW, I don't think Deuce scans Dove-Net :-P

It's good to be able to read code, but reading through code to be able to understand what it does (especially if you aren't familiar with the code) can sometimes feel like trying to find needles in a haystack, at least for me. And often you can understand *what* it's doing, but not why, unless there are good comments (which can be rare).

Nightfox

---
    þ Synchronet þ Digital Distortion: digitaldistortionbbs.com
  • From Rampage@1:103/705 to Mortifis on Wed Sep 11 21:21:37 2019
    By: Mortifis to Brokenmind on Wed Sep 11 2019 20:57:06

the beauty of lord.js is, if one 'reads' code, one can identify changes,
    subtle as they may be

"diff -Naur" is a wonderful thing ;)

)\/(ark

---
    þ Synchronet þ The SouthEast Star Mail HUB - SESTAR
  • From Brokenmind@1:103/705 to Mortifis on Fri Sep 13 23:15:06 2019

... that's 'cuz code progresses but not every change is documented ...
    the
    beauty of lord.js is, if one 'reads' code, one can identify changes, subtle as they may be ... personally, I just ask Deuce and occasionally piss him off when the answer is obvious :-P ... I asked to contribute to the IGM.doc and have 2 IGM's ready for shipping but no reply .... BTW, I don't think Deuce scans Dove-Net :-P

It's always nice when your able to help others when it comes to catching errors when codeing. I think we all at times have become frustrated with the fact that the answer is right in front of you and it's so obvious. You may be correct that Deuce does not scan or read the posts on Dove-Net. Digitalman told something the other day along thoughs lines when i was trying to get support with jsexec -l ircd it was having socket errors with synchronet running with windows 10 as a service. But I was not sure if it was just that message board or all of Dove-Net. I can't speak to him not replying back to you conserning your IGM's for Lord. But I encourage you to reach out to Deuce on IRC on irc.vert.synchronet #synchronet or your irc server if it's connected to the VERT hub. Deuce has always replied back to me though sometimes it's not the same day. I have always goton great support with other SysOps on #synchronet and on the dove-net board. Though as of late it's been sad to see and it's frustrating when it comes to trying to keep up with all the posts on dove-net with all the posts that are not related to synchronet and some of the other users and there behaviour. I choose not to feed into it and this is the last thing i'm going to say conserning this issue. I just hope that is stops or that the powers that be will take the approprate actions that will bring it to a end.

BrokenMind

---
    þ Synchronet þ THe iNSANE AsYLuM BBs - TiABBs.SYNCHRO.NET TiABBs.ZAPTO.ORG
  • From Mortifis@1:103/705 to Brokenmind on Sat Sep 14 10:49:01 2019

... that's 'cuz code progresses but not every change is documented ... the beauty of lord.js is, if one 'reads' code, one can identify changes, subtle as they may be ... personally, I just ask Deuce and occasionally piss him off when the answer is obvious :-P ... I asked
    to
    contribute to the IGM.doc and have 2 IGM's ready for shipping but no reply .... BTW, I don't think Deuce scans Dove-Net :-P

It's always nice when your able to help others when it comes to catching errors when codeing. I think we all at times have become frustrated with
    the
    fact that the answer is right in front of you and it's so obvious. You may be correct that Deuce does not scan or read the posts on Dove-Net. Digitalman told something the other day along thoughs lines when i was trying to get support with jsexec -l ircd it was having socket errors with synchronet running with windows 10 as a service. But I was not sure if it was just that message board or all of Dove-Net. I can't speak to him not replying back to you conserning your IGM's for Lord. But I encourage you to reach out to Deuce on IRC on irc.vert.synchronet #synchronet or your irc server if it's connected to the VERT hub. Deuce has always replied back to me though sometimes it's not the same day. I have always goton great
    support
    with other SysOps on #synchronet and on the dove-net board. Though as of late it's been sad to see and it's frustrating when it comes to trying to keep up with all the posts on dove-net with all the posts that are not related to synchronet and some of the other users and there behaviour. I choose not to feed into it and this is the last thing i'm going to say conserning this issue. I just hope that is stops or that the powers that be will take the approprate actions that will bring it to a end.

BrokenMind

I hope my comment 'no reply' wasn't construed as a complaint, because it isn't,
    I have zero complaints about anything SBBS! And, ya, some threads are getting a little reminiscent of the old flame warz but they are easily disregarded by simply either not reading them or not vying into it :-)... and now this thread has become non synchronet programming related LOL

cheers, friend

---
  • From deuce@1:103/705 to CVS commit on Thu Sep 19 12:55:13 2019
    xtrn/lord Sysop.doc 1.1 1.2
    In directory cvs:/tmp/cvs-serv15233

Modified Files:
    Sysop.doc
    Log Message:
    Document the INI settings.

--- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux
  • From rswindell@1:103/705 to CVS commit on Sun Mar 29 00:24:13 2020
    xtrn/lord Sysop.doc 1.4 1.5
    In directory cvs:/tmp/cvs-serv11311

Modified Files:
    Sysop.doc
    Log Message:
    Fix some typos.

--- SBBSecho 3.10-Linux