• Message base / Conference areas

From Jim Haight@1:322/757 to All on Sat Apr 2 12:58:19 2022
    So I am putzing with my Renegade message base set up and reading docs about setting up Metronet with Gecho and Renemail. What is really missing from the documentation is setting up a separate conference for Metronet, especially if I would eventually have several FTN type message bases. Is there something definitive to read to help with this? I believe it's the place to start in my circumstance. Thank you for any input in advance.

Jah
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
    * Origin: (1:322/757)
  • From T.J. Mcmillen@1:129/305 to Jim Haight on Sat Apr 2 15:26:52 2022
    So I am putzing with my Renegade message base set up and reading docs abou setting up Metronet with Gecho and Renemail. What is really missing from t documentation is setting up a separate conference for Metronet, especially would eventually have several FTN type message bases. Is there something definitive to read to help with this? I believe it's the place to start in circumstance. Thank you for any input in advance.

Just go into the conference editor and create a conference (say M for MetroNet), then for the access fields on each base have the access as CA|CM if you had a conference setup for ALL as confernce A that is. If not, the access would just be CM.

... If you leave the room, you're elected.

--- Renegade v1.30r3/Exp
    * Origin: The Titantic BBS Telnet - ttb.rgbbs.info (1:129/305)
  • From Jim Haight@1:322/757 to T.J. Mcmillen on Tue Apr 5 19:20:23 2022
    So I am putzing with my Renegade message base set up and reading docs abou setting up Metronet with Gecho and Renemail. What is really missing from t documentation is setting up a separate conference for Metronet, especially would eventually have several FTN type message bases. Is there something definitive to read to help with this? I believe it's the place to start in circumstance. Thank you for any input in advance.

Just go into the conference editor and create a conference (say M for MetroNet), then for the access fields on each base have the access as CA|CM if you had a conference setup for ALL as confernce A that is. If not, the access would just be CM.

Yes but... the elephant in the room is that there is no option for a conference change in the stock menu :O Therefore I am going back to the beginning here in the basic Renegade setup.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
  • From T.J. Mcmillen@1:129/305 to Jim Haight on Tue Apr 5 20:32:31 2022
    Yes but... the elephant in the room is that there is no option for a confe change in the stock menu :O Therefore I am going back to the beginning he the basic Renegade setup.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32

$ on the WFC screen to make the conference. OR is the cmd key for conferences. And the letter on option 6. (ie: M, A, F, etc).

... And they said unto Jesus, "How the Hell did you do that?!

--- Renegade v1.30r3/Exp
  • From Jim Haight@1:322/757 to T.J. Mcmillen on Wed Apr 6 17:59:16 2022
    Yes but... the elephant in the room is that there is no option for a confe change in the stock menu :O Therefore I am going back to the beginning he the basic Renegade setup.
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32

$ on the WFC screen to make the conference. OR is the cmd key for conferences. And the letter on option 6. (ie: M, A, F, etc).
    Sorry but I am missing something. Where do you put the command key for the conference. I've created MetroNet as the conference but don't know where to configure the cmd "OR".
    --- SBBSecho 3.11-Win32
  • From T.J. Mcmillen@1:129/305 to Jim Haight on Thu Apr 7 05:58:07 2022

Sorry but I am missing something. Where do you put the command key for the conference. I've created MetroNet as the conference but don't know where t configure the cmd "OR".

Make a menu command, option 5. is cmd key -- OR, Option 6. is option (enter letter here) M

... I'm NOT a vampire - I just eat like one...

--- Renegade v1.30r3/Exp