• New to it...

From Kurt Weiske@1:218/700 to All on Mon Jun 14 07:39:00 2021
    I picked up a used Raspberry Pi 3, loaded Raspbian on 64 GB SD, a 128GB USB stick, and loaded Synchronet and Mystic BBS packages on it.

I have pi-hole running in a proxmox cluster and may move it to the pi, since
    I can plug it directly into my cable modem.

Are there any other ideas for Pi-friendly network servers on a home network?

... Accept advice
    --- MultiMail/DOS v0.52
    * Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)
  • From Sean Rima@2:263/1.2 to All on Mon Jun 14 15:43:00 2021
    From: nospam.Kurt.Weiske@f1.n770.z17885.fidonet.org (Kurt Weiske)

I picked up a used Raspberry Pi 3, loaded Raspbian on 64 GB SD, a 128GB USB stick, and loaded Synchronet and Mystic BBS packages on it.

I have pi-hole running in a proxmox cluster and may move it to the pi, since I can plug it directly into my cable modem.

Try nextcloud if you have a NAS. Or a plex server

--- AfterShock/Android 1.6.7
    * Origin: a mobile point (2:263/1.2)
  • From The Natural Philosopher@3:770/3 to Kurt Weiske on Mon Jun 14 17:25:11 2021
    On 13/06/2021 20:39, Kurt Weiske wrote:

I have pi-hole running in a proxmox cluster and may move it to the pi, since I can plug it directly into my cable modem.

... Accept advice

Any linux machine made out of an old PC can serve NFS to a pi, or if you
    must, SMB.

--
    "If you don’t read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
    news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | Fido<>Usenet Gateway (3:770/3)
  • From Pancho@3:770/3 to Kurt Weiske on Tue Jun 15 07:21:47 2021
    On 13/06/2021 20:39, Kurt Weiske wrote:

... Accept advice

You can run docker on the rPi 3. I note dockerhub has an image for pi-hole

<https://hub.docker.com/r/pihole/pihole>

Lots of other good server stuff on dockerhub, just check the images have
    an ARM version.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | Fido<>Usenet Gateway (3:770/3)