• Pi4 won't boot *from power-off* if Atolla powered hub is plugged into a

From NY@3:770/3 to All on Sun Sep 13 17:30:51 2020
    I have an Atolla powered USB hub https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B2HJG8P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s 01
    which I bought to power a spinning HDD that I plugged into my Pi 3B+.

I'm now using it in my Pi 4B. If the Pi is rebooted without shutdown and power-off/on, it boots fine. However if it is shutdown and then the power is removed and replaced (whether that is immediately or half an hour later) the
    Pi refuses to boot: the green LED does not come on and nothing appears on either HDMI output. If it is in that state and I unplug the hub, booting continues immediately, even if the hub is replaced immediately after being removed.

Has anyone some across this incompatibility? It's a bit of a bummer because
    it means the Pi will not auto-start in the even of a power-cut - unless I am present to remove/replace the hub.

It is related to the hub rather than what is plugged into it. It happens
    even if the HDD and other devices are removed from it. Removing the power to the hub is sufficient to allow booting: maybe I need some means of making
    the mains to the hub delay coming on for a few seconds after power it
    supplied to the Pi!

I'm wondering whether to buy a different make of hub, or whether I may find that this is affected in the same way.

Does anyone know of a make of powered USB3 hub which is known to work with
    the Pi 4 after power-cycle?

This is separate to the /etc/fstab auto-mount problem that I posted about yesterday. In that case, the Pi would *start* to boot and then fail at mount time; in this case there is no sign that the Pi is even beginning to boot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: Agency HUB, Dunedin - New Zealand | Fido<>Usenet Gateway (3:770/3)