• Got all excited the other day

From Craig Dooley@1:123/126 to All on Wed Jun 2 22:23:50 2021
    I was driving in Greenville, SC and the interstate crosses a railroad track. I could see the cars , but the power was underneath the interstate. As I drove over it, I saw the engines come out, and almost wrecked the car, thinking I was seeing BNSF pumpkins, which are extremely rare on this side of the country. Unfortunately, I realized they weren't BNSF, but a shortline called the Carolina Southern. I'd forgotten they had an orange paint scheme as well.
    Still, it got my heart racing in ways it hasn't in some time. I haven't been out railfanning seriously in over 20 years. Used to go all the time, and wife and I would plan vacations around railfanning. I do miss the hobby. And the excitement of seeing power far from home, as evidenced by my reaction to the orange engines...

Ah, the good old days.

-Craig
    /-------------------------------------------------------------\
    he Trading Post [SOUTH] BBS - Telnet: ttps.dyndns.org:2323
    WWIVNet - Fidonet - StarNet - FSXNet - SFNet
    HobbyNet - PiNet \-------------------------------------------------------------/

--- WWIV 5.7.1.0001
    * Origin: ** The Trading Post [SOUTH] BBS -=- Columbia, SC ** (1:123/126)
  • From Stan Hosdar@1:229/426 to Craig Dooley on Sun Sep 19 20:40:39 2021
    Still, it got my heart racing in ways it hasn't in some time. I haven't be out railfanning seriously in over 20 years. Used to go all the time, and w and I would plan vacations around railfanning. I do miss the hobby. And t excitement of seeing power far from home, as evidenced by my reaction to th orange engines...

you should go out again :) Carolina Southern sounds like a great opertion. I have yet to see them.

--- Renegade vY2Ka2
    * Origin: Joey, do you like movies about gladiators? (1:229/426)