• Measles

From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to All on Wed Mar 20 07:22:04 2024
    ABC News reported this morning that the rising number of measles cases in the USA are happening because of people who don't keep up to date with their vaccinations.

They didn't say 1 word about migrants; just shaming Americans for not injecting enough stuff into their bodies.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Mar 20 15:31:02 2024
    Re: Measles
    By: Aaron Thomas to All on Wed Mar 20 2024 07:22:04

ABC News reported this morning that the rising number of measles cases in th USA are happening because of people who don't keep up to date with their vaccinations.

They didn't say 1 word about migrants; just shaming Americans for not inject enough stuff into their bodies.

It could have some to do with migrants but, because school systems started letting parents opt-out of shots on "religious" grounds, a whole lot of parents have "found religion" (even if it is atheism) and have opted out of getting kids vaxed.

Measles shots have been around for a very long time and have proven effective. It is not the fault of ABC News that a bunch of dumbasses have decided it is better for their kids to get measles than get vaxed.
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Kurt Weiske@1:218/700 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Mar 20 16:30:59 2024
    By: Aaron Thomas to All on Wed Mar 20 2024 07:22 am

ABC News reported this morning that the rising number of measles cases in the USA are happening because of people who don't keep up to date with their vaccinations.

Yes, you get a measles vaccination, you usually don't get measles. That's how they work.

They didn't say 1 word about migrants; just shaming Americans for not injecting enough stuff into their bodies.

That's because you don't not get measles by blaming migrants, you don't get them by getting vaccinated.

--- SBBSecho 3.20-Win32
    * Origin: http://realitycheckbbs.org | tomorrow's retro tech (1:218/700)
  • From Kurt Weiske@1:218/700 to Mike Powell on Wed Mar 20 16:36:32 2024
    By: Mike Powell to Aaron Thomas on Wed Mar 20 2024 03:31 pm

It could have some to do with migrants but, because school systems started letting parents opt-out of shots on "religious" grounds, a whole lot of parents have "found religion" (even if it is atheism) and have opted out of getting kids vaxed.

Trump normalized a lot of harmful behaviors, vaccine conspiracy theories being one of them. Maybe we should call Measles "Trump Bumps" from now on?
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Win32
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Wed Mar 20 20:37:50 2024
    ABC News reported this morning that the rising number of measles cases USA are happening because of people who don't keep up to date with thei vaccinations.

They didn't say 1 word about migrants; just shaming Americans for not i enough stuff into their bodies.

It could have some to do with migrants but, because school systems
    started letting parents opt-out of shots on "religious" grounds, a whole lot of parents have "found religion" (even if it is atheism) and have opted out of getting kids vaxed.

Measles shots have been around for a very long time and have proven effective. It is not the fault of ABC News that a bunch of dumbasses
    have decided it is better for their kids to get measles than get vaxed.

That's using the imagination though. Who are "a whole lotta parents?" I'm a parent and my kids are vaccinated against everything except for covid.

Wasn't measles eradicated in the USA? Are US customs agents allowing people with measles to enter the country?

No way they are. Measles doesn't just appear out of nowhere like a toothache.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Kurt Weiske on Wed Mar 20 20:41:31 2024
    ABC News reported this morning that the rising number of measles case the USA are happening because of people who don't keep up to date wit their vaccinations.

Yes, you get a measles vaccination, you usually don't get measles.
    That's how they work.

No, after talking with you and Mike I'm beginning to think that the only way to get measles is if the Measles fairy coughs in your face while you're asleep.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Mar 21 07:38:01 2024
    Aaron Thomas wrote to All <=-

ABC News reported this morning that the rising number of measles cases
    in the USA are happening because of people who don't keep up to date
    with their vaccinations.

Yup. They gotta keep pushing their false Narrative, no matter how much it's debunked.

... Invest in negotiable blondes...
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Kurt Weiske on Thu Mar 21 08:42:00 2024
    By: Mike Powell to Aaron Thomas on Wed Mar 20 2024 03:31 pm

Trump normalized a lot of harmful behaviors, vaccine conspiracy theories being one of them. Maybe we should call Measles "Trump Bumps" from now on?

Maybe, except if you go back and watch video clips from before the election and before the COVID vax was released, it was people like Kamala Harris and left-leaning talk show hosts like those on the View who were questioning the COVID vax specifically. Combine that with a overall suspicion of the government and you get a good idea why black Americans, in particular, were leery of getting the COVID vax.

The anti-vax movement in general did get a boost, I am sure, from Trump and those in the MAGA crowd who hang on his every word. That said, I know a few anti-vaxers. Two of them have been that way as long as I have known them... while one might have been influenced some by Trump, the other is very much a Never-Trumper who believes that vaccines might be linked to autism.

A third I have only known since Trump. She also believes the autism link theory and, as of late, has moved away from Trump towards RFK Jr.

I think these folks have existed for a while but the Trump/MAGA phenomenon gave them a voice. I don't think it is something specific to the "Trump era" though. Social media misinformation, which existed before 2016, has been a big source of people's misunderstandings.

$$
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Mar 21 08:46:04 2024

That's using the imagination though. Who are "a whole lotta parents?" I'm a parent and my kids are vaccinated against everything except for covid.

Wasn't measles eradicated in the USA? Are US customs agents allowing people with measles to enter the country?

Which wouldn't be as much of an issue if parents were not opting-out of vaccinating their children. "Whole lot of parents" can be seen in the stats regarding unvaxed kids.

It is always best not to depend on the government to solve a problem that you can solve (legally) yourself. So, if more parents were like you and got their kids vaxed against measles, instead of believing some misinformation about vaccines breaking their brains, the only people with measles would be your illegals.

$$
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Kurt Weiske@1:218/700 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Mar 21 06:31:00 2024
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Kurt Weiske <=-

No, after talking with you and Mike I'm beginning to think that the
    only way to get measles is if the Measles fairy coughs in your face
    while you're asleep.

If you believe in Measles Fairies, that explains a lot about the
    discourse here.

--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Fri Mar 22 07:16:58 2024
    being one of them. Maybe we should call Measles "Trump Bumps" from now

Maybe, except if you go back and watch video clips from before the election and before the COVID vax was released, it was people like
    Kamala Harris and left-leaning talk show hosts like those on the View
    who were questioning the COVID vax specifically. Combine that with a overall suspicion of the government and you get a good idea why black Americans, in particular, were leery of getting the COVID vax.

Thanks for reminding me (and Kurt) about that. Let me point out that it wasn't just the propaganda ministry, but it was also elected officials like Kamala, Cuomo, Schumer, Pelosi, and many more, who "didn't trust the vaccine."

For idiotic and obvious reasons, their attitudes shifted as soon as Biden was elected. "Thank you Joe Biden for finding the cure for covid and for ending the pandemic that Trump caused."

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Fri Mar 22 07:27:30 2024

Which wouldn't be as much of an issue if parents were not opting-out of vaccinating their children. "Whole lot of parents" can be seen in the stats regarding unvaxed kids.

I don't believe the "stats." How can that statistic exist while there's the HIPPA Act?

There's no conspiracy theory that I know of that pertains to measles vaccinations, and I've heard a lot of conspiracy theories.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Mar 23 08:17:12 2024
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Mike Powell <=-

I don't believe the "stats." How can that statistic exist while there's the HIPPA Act?

The HIPPA Act doesn't do what people think it does. The people who want the information can still get the information - as long as the gov't gets what it wants too.

There's no conspiracy theory that I know of that pertains to measles vaccinations, and I've heard a lot of conspiracy theories.

They are setting the Narrative. Because of the COVID scamdemic, too many actual medical professionals examined the data (and got stonewalled for COVID) then researched all of virology and found it to be based on nothing.

They have never isolated a virus and never proved that it causes sickness. Because of this, they have never proven that vaccines actually work.

And now because of the Jab and it's "side effects", people now know that they don't need ANY "vaccine" for anything.

... I was talking during sex and my girlfriend hung up.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Sat Mar 23 07:30:17 2024
    They have never isolated a virus and never proved that it causes
    sickness. Because of this, they have never proven that vaccines
    actually work.

And now because of the Jab and it's "side effects", people now know that they don't need ANY "vaccine" for anything.

That sounds logical to me. But what's not logical is a statistic that suggests that less people are getting vaccinated against measles. Measles vaccines are required for kids to go to school (at least in my state.)

However, as the population gets larger and larger by the day, with migrants who are no longer required to get measles vaccinations for entry, it also seems logical for the left to start blaming honest Americans for all the measles cases.

• From Kurt Weiske@1:218/700 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Mar 23 11:57:00 2024

Thanks for reminding me (and Kurt) about that. Let me point out that it wasn't just the propaganda ministry, but it was also elected officials like Kamala, Cuomo, Schumer, Pelosi, and many more, who "didn't trust
    the vaccine."

They aren't anti-vax, and are on the record supporting safe,
    science-backed, tested vaccines.

When you have a president who:

Advocates for people to try non science-backed treatments for covid
    (treatments he and other had financial interests in), or to ingest
    bleach or UV lights to kill the virus...

Appoints his VP as the head of a virus task force (who's only applicable
    resume credit includes sitting on an HIV outbreak while he was governor
    of Indiana)...

Continually downplayed the extent of the virus, possibly because of
    his gutting the groups and communication means to deal with early virus outbreaks...

All of these (and more issues) combine into a lack of confidence in the
    Trump administration to safely and quickly implement a COVID vaccine,
    and to sell it to the American people.

For idiotic and obvious reasons, their attitudes shifted as soon as
    Biden was elected. "Thank you Joe Biden for finding the cure for covid
    and for ending the pandemic that Trump caused."

... Adding on
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From Kurt Weiske@1:218/700 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Mar 23 12:00:00 2024

Schools can track and report how many students have provided vaccination records and how many have filed waivers without running afoul of HIPAA.

Please note the spelling. It's "HIPAA", the Health Insurance Portability
    and Accountability Act.

... Adding on
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Mar 23 15:22:24 2024

HIPPA covers specifics. Like your doctor cannot "out" your kids for not having a COVID vax.

HIPPA does NOT prevent doctors, health officials, schools, etc., from sharing stats about *how many* kids are not vaxed. It doesn't stop any of them from telling what percentage of students are not vaxed because their parents claimed a "religious exemption," and even persons who are otherwise atheists have done that.

You don't pay much attention then. "Measles (and other) vaxes cause autism" has been all the rage since well before COVID.

$$
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Kurt Weiske on Sat Mar 23 15:42:15 2024

Thanks for reminding me (and Kurt) about that. Let me point out that it wasn't just the propaganda ministry, but it was also elected officials like Kamala, Cuomo, Schumer, Pelosi, and many more, who "didn't trust the vaccine."

They aren't anti-vax, and are on the record supporting safe,
    science-backed, tested vaccines.

Kamala, along with several other Democrat politicians and other left-leaning talk show hosts, did indeed question the COVID vaccine campaign while Trump was still President. With some of them, if you just read what they said without knowing who said it, you'd assume it was a MAGA supporter.

Advocates for people to try non science-backed treatments for covid (treatments he and other had financial interests in), or to ingest

He did not suggest that people ingest bleach. He pointed out that bleach was being used to kill the virus on surfaces and lamented that it was too bad that there was not something like it that could kill the virus inside people. While many things might be his fault, people being so stupid that they actually drank bleach is not one of them.

I take the fact that people did so as a sign that our education system is failing and has been doing so for many years.

BTW, long before he supposedly told people to drink bleach, there was a social media "theory" about drinking bleach and, IIRC, there was even some company marketing a "miracle cure" drink that at least in part contained bleach. Because I was aware of this, I question how many drank it and died specifically because they *thought* Trump told them to, and how many were sucked in by some other scam.

Continually downplayed the extent of the virus, possibly because of
    his gutting the groups and communication means to deal with early virus outbreaks...

He was not the only one to do this, either. Pelosi, DeBlasio, Fauci (who should have known better!), and several others in authority at different times downplayed the virus. Fauci was given a pass by many because he supposedly did so with good intentions, but he did so none the less. Others did so with, and without, good intentions.

$$
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Kurt Weiske on Sat Mar 23 19:03:00 2024
    like Kamala, Cuomo, Schumer, Pelosi, and many more, who "didn't trust the vaccine."

They aren't anti-vax, and are on the record supporting safe, science-backed, tested vaccines.

They were anti-covid vax. Especially Kamala, who clearly said on video "I don't trust it."

And they're still peddling the same vaccines that they were when Trump was president. And these "vaccines" are still under a trial period, so I agree with what 2020 Kamala had to say about covid "vaccines."

Advocates for people to try non science-backed treatments for covid (treatments he and other had financial interests in), or to ingest

President Trump has nothing to do with this conversation.

Appoints his VP as the head of a virus task force (who's only applicable resume credit includes sitting on an HIV outbreak while he was governor
    of Indiana)...

What do we do with the president who appoints his VP as "border czar" only to see more than 8 million undocumented migrants flood the country?

Which president caused more damage to our safety? (That's not even debatable!)

All of these (and more issues) combine into a lack of confidence in the Trump administration to safely and quickly implement a COVID vaccine,
    and to sell it to the American people.

Neither Trump nor Biden "implemented a COVID vaccine." It's 100% clear that covid was used as a weapon to remove Trump from office. It worked. Your people killed all these victims because the throne was and still is very important to them.

What will they do to get him out of office next time around? A nuclear bomb? "Oh look, because of Trump there was a nuclear bomb explosion!"

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Kurt Weiske on Sat Mar 23 19:05:58 2024
    I don't believe the "stats." How can that statistic exist while there the HIPPA Act?

Schools can track and report how many students have provided vaccination records and how many have filed waivers without running afoul of HIPAA.

Let me put it another way: I don't trust statistics. Everyone who gets off on statistics should shove em up their butts and see if it still gets them off.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Sat Mar 23 19:13:05 2024
    HIPPA does NOT prevent doctors, health officials, schools, etc., from sharing stats about *how many* kids are not vaxed. It doesn't stop any
    of them from telling what percentage of students are not vaxed because their parents claimed a "religious exemption," and even persons who are otherwise atheists have done that.

We could speculate about the reasons, but if we do that, then we're paying too much mind to someone who's stirring us up with red hot statistics.

You don't pay much attention then. "Measles (and other) vaxes cause autism" has been all the rage since well before COVID.

There's something weird about all the Democrats wanting us to take the covid vaccine. They probably want us to get some kind of side-effect that will ultimately make them money in the long run. I can say with 99% certainty that the CEOs of the pharmaceutical companies are WEF members, and they've got their calculators out.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Mar 24 08:04:44 2024
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

That sounds logical to me. But what's not logical is a statistic that suggests that less people are getting vaccinated against measles.
    Measles vaccines are required for kids to go to school (at least in my state.)

They are for my state too - at least when I was in school. The problems are
    1. The usefulness of vaccines is greatly in question. All evidence shows that they do nothing good - and sometimes bad.
    2. Because of the Jab, people don't trust the medical "experts" anymore and distrust vaccines even more.

However, as the population gets larger and larger by the day, with migrants who are no longer required to get measles vaccinations for
    entry, it also seems logical for the left to start blaming honest Americans for all the measles cases.

The Left will blame everyone except themselves for their failed policies. So no matter what happens, the Left will blame their Scapegoat-of-the-day.

... copy *.txt > brain

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Mar 24 09:44:32 2024
    HIPPA does NOT prevent doctors, health officials, schools, etc., from sharing stats about *how many* kids are not vaxed. It doesn't stop any of them from telling what percentage of students are not vaxed because their parents claimed a "religious exemption," and even persons who are otherwise atheists have done that.

We could speculate about the reasons, but if we do that, then we're paying too much mind to someone who's stirring us up with red hot statistics.

Sort of like how others are paying too much mind to someone who is stirring us up with red hot illegal migrant theories? Yes, they probably are bringing measles and other things with them but, also yes, if people would get their kids vaxed then only the migrants would have to worry about the measles.

There's something weird about all the Democrats wanting us to take the covid vaccine. They probably want us to get some kind of side-effect that will ultimately make them money in the long run. I can say with 99% certainty that the CEOs of the pharmaceutical companies are WEF members, and they've got their calculators out.

Remember the COVID vaccines were created as a part of an initiative -- Operation Warp Speed -- spearheaded by the *Trump* administration and touted originally by *Trump* himself. So, if there is a sinister motive, then Tik-Tok Trump is in on it, too.

$$
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Sun Mar 24 12:05:25 2024
    migrants who are no longer required to get measles vaccinations for entry, it also seems logical for the left to start blaming honest Americans for all the measles cases.

The Left will blame everyone except themselves for their failed
    policies. So no matter what happens, the Left will blame their Scapegoat-of-the-day.

It's also part of the "break it now, fix it later" scheme.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Sun Mar 24 12:25:39 2024
    that the CEOs of the pharmaceutical companies are WEF members, and they got their calculators out.

Remember the COVID vaccines were created as a part of an initiative -- Operation Warp Speed -- spearheaded by the *Trump* administration and touted originally by *Trump* himself. So, if there is a sinister
    motive, then Tik-Tok Trump is in on it, too.

He's partially to blame for lousy vaccines being distributed, but I have no reason to believe that he's ever conspired with the globalists.

• From Björn Felten@2:203/2 to Mike Powell on Mon Mar 25 00:47:47 2024
    Mike Powell -> Kurt Weiske skrev 2024-03-23 21:42:
    He did not suggest that people ingest bleach.

No, you are right. This Mastermind said *inject* bleach. Much better than ingesting it, no?

--
    Conning people is easy. You just need to overcome their intelligence. But convincing people they've been conned is much harder. You need to overcome their pride.

--- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; sv-SE; rv:1.9.1.5) Gecko/20091121
    * Origin: news://eljaco.se:4119 (2:203/2)
  • From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Mon Mar 25 07:10:48 2024
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Dr. What <=-

It's also part of the "break it now, fix it later" scheme.

More like "give us more power to break it now, then give us even more power later to fix it."

... A bird in the hand is a big mistake.

• From Kurt Weiske@1:218/700 to Mike Powell on Sun Mar 24 08:06:00 2024
    Mike Powell wrote to Kurt Weiske <=-

He did not suggest that people ingest bleach. He pointed out that
    bleach was being used to kill the virus on surfaces and lamented that
    it was too bad that there was not something like it that could kill the virus inside people. While many things might be his fault, people
    being so stupid that they actually drank bleach is not one of them.

DONALD TRUMP, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES: Supposing we hit the body
    with a tremendous -- whether it`s ultraviolet or just very powerful
    light, and I think you said that hasn`t been checked, but you`re going
    to check it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the
    body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and
    I think you said you`re going to test that too. Sounds interesting.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`ll get to the right folks who could.

TRUMP: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in
    a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that,
    by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the
    lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be
    interesting to check that. So, that, you`re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds interesting to me.

--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From Kurt Weiske@1:218/700 to Aaron Thomas on Sun Mar 24 08:08:00 2024
    Aaron Thomas wrote to Kurt Weiske <=-

Let me put it another way: I don't trust statistics. Everyone who gets
    off on statistics should shove em up their butts and see if it still
    gets them off.

And now, we apparently know what floats your boat. To each their own.

--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Kurt Weiske on Mon Mar 25 09:14:28 2024

TRUMP: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in
    a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that,
    by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you`re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds interesting to me.

As I said, he didn't tell anyone to ingest (or inject) bleach. He asked if there was a way to do something like that (which at that time would have been "no"). He also clearly said "you're going to have to use medical doctors with" any such idea.

So if these dumbasses allegedly ingested/injected bleach "because Trump told us to!" they were not following directions.

If you or Bjorn or some crazy MAGA heard or read that and thought you were being instructed to do *anything* without consulting a doctor first, that is indeed your own fault. I will suggest the same thing I suggested to the last couple of folks here who swore he told people to ingest/inject bleach.... you need to brush up on your reading comprehension skills.

I stick by my "it sounds like a lack-of education" issue.

$$
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux