• Don't Defund My Police

From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to All on Tue Feb 6 06:48:46 2024
    The Binghamton city council (Binghamton NY) announced that there will be a referendum vote on whether or not to abolish the Binghamton Police Department.

They're Democrats - but surprise, right?

One of the council members says it's "part of an effort to support civic engagement and not representative of a desire by the Democrats who control Council to defund the police. But yea right. It's totally Democrats, and it's totally the city council who are behind it. They're being paid by someone with a lot more money than the city's payroll.

This comes in wake of record-breaking arrests, crime, and lack of punishment put into motion by Andrew Cuomo and Cathy Hochul. Less police is the answer to all that, so they say.

The council member said "The city will save money by letting the sheriff's office and state police patrol the city instead."

https://www.wbng.com/2024/02/05/binghamton-resident-proposes-legislation-that-w ould-dissolve-binghamton-police-department/

But the lefties said I was delusional when I said "Democrats want to defund police."

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Windows/64)
    * Origin: JoesBBS.Com, Telnet:23 SSH:22 HTTP:80 (1:342/200)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Feb 6 07:53:26 2024
    On 06 Feb 2024, Aaron Thomas said the following...

But the lefties said I was delusional when I said "Democrats want to defund police."

Let them defund the police... and then sit back and watch the civilization of that community explode... Sometimes people need to learn the hard way... I had to get smacked a few times with a 2X4 before I realized what I was doing was wrong.

IB Joe, Pronouns (FJB/LGB)
    AKA Joe Schweier
    SysOp of 4A 6F 65 73 42 42 53
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Next time you wave at me, use more than one finger!

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Feb 6 14:55:22 2024
    The Binghamton city council (Binghamton NY) announced that there will be a referendum vote on whether or not to abolish the Binghamton Police Department.

They're Democrats - but surprise, right?

One of our state legislators, a MAGA Republican, has introduced a bill to allow our municipal utility company to be bought by an outside firm. Currently, no outside firms (aside from other munis and possibly the TVA) have rates that are not significantly higher than ours.

All so that he can line his pockets.

No real surprise here, either.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (1:2320/105)
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Tue Feb 6 16:56:20 2024
    Let them defund the police... and then sit back and watch the
    civilization of that community explode... Sometimes people need to learn the hard way... I had to get smacked a few times with a 2X4 before I realized what I was doing was wrong.

Ahead of the 2020 "election," Thomas Sowell said that Biden's negative effect on America could be similar to the fall of the Roman Empire (sounds bad!)

The way that Biden handles everything should be a wake-up call for voters.

The leftist political commentators from Fidonet have all disappeared in wake of Biden's disasters. It's just Lee and Alan now (there used to be many more.)

I sense that those other guys have figured out that they were being brainwashed, and they've since moved on with their lives knowing that they won't be fooled twice.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Tue Feb 6 17:08:02 2024
    One of our state legislators, a MAGA Republican, has introduced a bill
    to allow our municipal utility company to be bought by an outside firm. Currently, no outside firms (aside from other munis and possibly the
    TVA) have rates that are not significantly higher than ours.

That sounds like a RINO MAGA Republican.

That crap wouldn't happen if Trump was your state legislator. The RINOs have learned that there's value in Trump's name.

It might come as a shocker to his supporters. ):

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Tue Feb 6 17:14:56 2024

Ahead of the 2020 "election," Thomas Sowell said that Biden's negative effect on America could be similar to the fall of the Roman Empire
    (sounds bad!)

The way that Biden handles everything should be a wake-up call for
    voters.

The leftist political commentators from Fidonet have all disappeared in wake of Biden's disasters. It's just Lee and Alan now (there used to be many more.)

I sense that those other guys have figured out that they were being brainwashed, and they've since moved on with their lives knowing that
    they won't be fooled twice.

I think we may be at ore near the end. This whole border thing, self made issue, has made me think this is so. The bipartisan border deal wasn't even out 24 hours before Mitch was waving people off and saying not to vote for it.

If the deal passed it would have hamstrung Trump in any attempt to fix it...

The impeachment may not go through because of RINOs...

The country's political system is sick...

DC appeals court not bitting on Trumps assertion on immunity... Off to the Supreme Court I guess... Until them we can sue Obama for killing Americans in a drone strike and putting kids in cages... Pandora's Box is open!!!

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Do vegetarians eat animal crackers?

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Tue Feb 6 17:29:35 2024
    I think we may be at ore near the end. This whole border thing, self made issue, has made me think this is so. The bipartisan border deal wasn't even out 24 hours before Mitch was waving people off and saying not to vote for it.

Mitch McConnell is discouraging the "border" deal? That's cool. I give him credit for that. He's not always useless.

I haven't read the bill, but I got the highlights from Dan Bongino today. He said the "deal" still allows thousands of illegals to enter the country daily.

And if Republicans don't vote for it, then the narrative is that "Republicans are to blame for the border crisis." (Bongino didn't say that part but that's how I see it.)

The impeachment may not go through because of RINOs...

It seems obvious that Biden is squandering historical amounts of money. When a criminal mastermind makes a decision to do a big job, they must budget for paying off a lot of people.

DC appeals court not bitting on Trumps assertion on immunity... Off to
    the Supreme Court I guess... Until them we can sue Obama for killing Americans in a drone strike and putting kids in cages... Pandora's Box
    is open!!!

Good point! Let them set the precedent! We'll fix Obama and Biden both.

• From Ron L.@1:120/616 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Feb 7 07:28:01 2024
    Aaron Thomas wrote to All <=-

"Conspiracy Theorist" now has a new definition: The one who was right all along.

... Those with the weapons make the rules.
    ___ MultiMail/Linux v0.52

--- Mystic BBS/QWK v1.12 A47 2021/12/25 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: cold fusion - cfbbs.net - grand rapids, mi (1:120/616)
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Feb 7 08:00:54 2024

Mitch McConnell is discouraging the "border" deal? That's cool. I give
    him credit for that. He's not always useless.

He is useless... He started to back peddle after the backlash...

I haven't read the bill, but I got the highlights from Dan Bongino
    today. He said the "deal" still allows thousands of illegals to enter
    the country daily.

And as a function of time more and more comes out on how bad the deal was... Absolutely nothing in the deal for the American people and everything for the migrants and Uni-party

And if Republicans don't vote for it, then the narrative is that "Republicans are to blame for the border crisis." (Bongino didn't say
    that part but that's how I see it.)

There were only 2 reasons behind the bill... Either give Joe Biden a win on the border or an excuse... To be honest with you, I think we are way beyond excuses now...

BTW, there was a hidden reason for it passing... If it did pass it would have hamstrung Trump in deporting and dealing with a real solution.

It seems obvious that Biden is squandering historical amounts of money. When a criminal mastermind makes a decision to do a big job, they must budget for paying off a lot of people.

It is argued that he's intentionally doing so... The left, AKA the Democrats, hate America and want a 1 party system... So they are doing everything to change the voting pool and tank the US dollar and status in the world.

Good point! Let them set the precedent! We'll fix Obama and Biden both.

The right needs to find a right leaning state... and even better a MAGA leaning county and start this law-fare BS with those 2.

The DC appeals court rejection just means it goes to the US Supreme Court... and thank god there are some "normal" justices on the bench... While there is one who doesn't know what a woman is...

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Shortcut: longest distance between two points

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Feb 7 09:25:49 2024
    https://x.com/GioBruno1600/status/1754914142786339036?s=20

Here's a Tweet I thought you'd enjoy!!!! Court cased coming for Bush, Obama & Clinton because there is no immunity.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... A house is a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Feb 7 12:22:31 2024
    One of our state legislators, a MAGA Republican, has introduced a bill to allow our municipal utility company to be bought by an outside firm. Currently, no outside firms (aside from other munis and possibly the TVA) have rates that are not significantly higher than ours.

That sounds like a RINO MAGA Republican.

That crap wouldn't happen if Trump was your state legislator. The RINOs have learned that there's value in Trump's name.

Yes it certainly would. Remember we had a similar discussion a month or so ago. You were surprised that Republicans were going after gay marriage, which is something you don't care about. I warned you then that you need to pay more attention to what your MAGA Republicans are up to.

This one wants our utilities. Another, who was endorsed by Trump himself, wanted to be able to track the movements of our female citizens of childbearing years, particularly if they visit Illinois or Ohio. Luckily that one lost.

It might come as a shocker to his supporters. ):

Some of them. The Republican Legislature redrew our boundaries so we lost our good Republican rep and got stuck with a MAGA Bozo who is not from our area.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Ron L. on Wed Feb 7 13:04:05 2024

"Conspiracy Theorist" now has a new definition: The one who was right all along.

And even if they don't end up dissolving the police department, they already have put the idea in peoples' heads. So when they put the plan in motion, we'll already be desensitized to it.

News about Democrats wanting to "save money" is almost unheard of, and apparently the only way they know how is by defunding the police.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Wed Feb 7 13:53:19 2024
    It seems obvious that Biden is squandering historical amounts of mone When a criminal mastermind makes a decision to do a big job, they mus budget for paying off a lot of people.

It is argued that he's intentionally doing so... The left, AKA the Democrats, hate America and want a 1 party system... So they are doing everything to change the voting pool and tank the US dollar and status
    in the world.

How will those actions lead to a 1 party system? To me it seems like the way they do that is by paying Republican members of congress to do what they want.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Wed Feb 7 13:56:37 2024
    https://x.com/GioBruno1600/status/1754914142786339036?s=20

Here's a Tweet I thought you'd enjoy!!!! Court cased coming for Bush, Obama & Clinton because there is no immunity.

I tried the link but I couldn't play the video or get the information for some reason.

But there's probably a higher court that Trump can appeal to. According to what I heard, Trump's crime occurred when he was still president.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Wed Feb 7 14:13:33 2024
    That crap wouldn't happen if Trump was your state legislator. The RINOs learned that there's value in Trump's name.

Yes it certainly would. Remember we had a similar discussion a month or so ago. You were surprised that Republicans were going after gay marriage, which is something you don't care about. I warned you then
    that you need to pay more attention to what your MAGA Republicans are up to.

I'm not surprised that Republicans in some states have learned how to gain personally from being in office, but what makes someone a MAGA Republican? Trump's not trying to privatize utility companies (is he?)

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Feb 7 15:13:55 2024
    On 07 Feb 2024, Aaron Thomas said the following...

How will those actions lead to a 1 party system? To me it seems like the way they do that is by paying Republican members of congress to do what they want.

California use to be a red state... Well, if you go out of the large city centers... large cities where there are Democrats... The state is actually conservative... None the less, flood the area with migrants, make them dependent on the government and they'll vote Democrat for life. They have stopped trying to convince people of their ideas...

This immigration policy just doesn't make sense... Trump just dropped an ad.. If I can get a copy I'll send it to you...

This is calculated

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... "I am" is the shortest sentence in English. Is 'I do' the longest?

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Wed Feb 7 15:16:22 2024
    On 07 Feb 2024, Aaron Thomas said the following...

I tried the link but I couldn't play the video or get the information
    for some reason.

But there's probably a higher court that Trump can appeal to. According
    to what I heard, Trump's crime occurred when he was still president.

Not a big deal... Groups are gearing up to file charges against former presidents... Like Obama... killing Americans during drone strike... putting kids in cages.. The list goes on and on.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... A Scarf is just an unfinished Afghan

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Thu Feb 8 06:39:47 2024
    How will those actions lead to a 1 party system? To me it seems like way they do that is by paying Republican members of congress to do wh they want.

California use to be a red state... Well, if you go out of the large city centers... large cities where there are Democrats... The state is
    actually conservative... None the less, flood the area with migrants, make them dependent on the government and they'll vote Democrat for
    life. They have stopped trying to convince people of their ideas...

That makes sense. I get it. They changed California, so now they're trying to change the rest of the country.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Thu Feb 8 06:41:28 2024
    Not a big deal... Groups are gearing up to file charges against former presidents... Like Obama... killing Americans during drone strike... putting kids in cages.. The list goes on and on.

Biden should be punished for letting thousands of unaccompanied minors walk thousands of miles to get here. Those kids need a Trump.

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Feb 8 06:56:04 2024
    On 08 Feb 2024, Aaron Thomas said the following...

That makes sense. I get it. They changed California, so now they're
    trying to change the rest of the country.

Florida was going kind of purple(y).... Then Biden got in... they've had a come to Jesus moment and Ron flipped it back to red

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... A PC a day keeps the Apple away!

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Feb 8 06:58:33 2024

Biden should be punished for letting thousands of unaccompanied minors walk thousands of miles to get here. Those kids need a Trump.

He maybe... Presidential immunity is being played with by they Democrats to day they will have regrets...

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Multitasking: Reading in the bathroom

• From Mike Powell@1:2320/105 to Aaron Thomas on Thu Feb 8 09:02:41 2024
    I'm not surprised that Republicans in some states have learned how to gain personally from being in office, but what makes someone a MAGA Republican?

Being endorsed by Trump is a good start.

Trump's not trying to privatize utility companies (is he?)

No, but I am sure he would if he could figure out how to line his pockets by doing so.

#
    --- SBBSecho 3.14-Linux
  • From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Thu Feb 8 07:42:52 2024
    On 08 Feb 2024, Mike Powell said the following...

I'm not surprised that Republicans in some states have learned how to g personally from being in office, but what makes someone a MAGA Republic

Being endorsed by Trump is a good start.

No... By putting America First...

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... They say there's always one weirdo on the bus, but I couldn't find them!

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Thu Feb 8 17:23:11 2024
    Florida was going kind of purple(y).... Then Biden got in... they've had
    a come to Jesus moment and Ron flipped it back to red

That's why it's good that DeSantis is not running for president. You need him to stay put.

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Thu Feb 8 17:25:58 2024
    Biden should be punished for letting thousands of unaccompanied minor walk thousands of miles to get here. Those kids need a Trump.

He maybe... Presidential immunity is being played with by they
    Democrats to day they will have regrets...

Now where can we find trustworthy people to serve in congress?

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to Mike Powell on Thu Feb 8 17:36:16 2024
    Trump's not trying to privatize utility companies (is he?)

No, but I am sure he would if he could figure out how to line his
    pockets by doing so.

Trump is a thief?

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Fri Feb 9 07:45:16 2024

He maybe... Presidential immunity is being played with by they Democrats to day they will have regrets...

Now where can we find trustworthy people to serve in congress?

We need to pass laws that prevents our elected officials to enrich themselves and term limits. To see Pelosi and Mitch become wealthy beyond belief... puzzling... There is no way Ken Buck's vote(s) reflect his constituents anymore... our political system is broken... Lets focus and get it fixed.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... 640K ought to be enough for anybody. -Bill Gates, 1981.

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Fri Feb 9 07:38:50 2024

That's why it's good that DeSantis is not running for president. You
    need him to stay put.

Florida is the best state... During the sumer of love, BLM & ANTIFA riots, Sheriffs told citizens to arm themselves and protect their property with deadly force if need be...

Riots in Florida were short lived.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... User Error: Replace user and hit any key to continue...

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Fri Feb 9 07:46:55 2024

Trump is a thief?

Ya, the only president who's net worth declined during his time in office...

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker?

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Fri Feb 9 13:47:52 2024
    We need to pass laws that prevents our elected officials to enrich themselves and term limits. To see Pelosi and Mitch become wealthy
    beyond belief... puzzling... There is no way Ken Buck's vote(s) reflect his constituents anymore... our political system is broken... Lets focus and get it fixed.

The people who we need to pass those laws, are the people who don't want those laws passed.

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Fri Feb 9 13:56:44 2024
    On 09 Feb 2024, Aaron Thomas said the following...

The people who we need to pass those laws, are the people who don't want those laws passed.

This is true... and its why they don't like Trump, he's an outsider... This happened back in the early 1900s when oil companies were bribing elected officials to grow their business. Soooooooo many elected officials were caught getting bribed... Kinda like what happened in NY recently. People seem to get into politics not for public service but rather corruption.

Sad state of affairs

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... Youth is glorious, but it isn't a career

• From Aaron Thomas@1:342/200 to IB Joe on Sat Feb 10 07:00:06 2024
    This is true... and its why they don't like Trump, he's an outsider... This happened back in the early 1900s when oil companies were bribing elected officials to grow their business. Soooooooo many elected
    officials were caught getting bribed... Kinda like what happened in NY recently. People seem to get into politics not for public service but rather corruption.

They go in there saying "I'm gonna fix America" and then once they get comfy at their new desk, they act like they never said that.

And it's mysterious. What would cause 535 people to act that way? Oh I know: Money.

• From IB Joe@1:342/200 to Aaron Thomas on Sat Feb 10 08:09:06 2024
    On 10 Feb 2024, Aaron Thomas said the following...

They go in there saying "I'm gonna fix America" and then once they get comfy at their new desk, they act like they never said that.

And it's mysterious. What would cause 535 people to act that way? Oh I know: Money.

Lets be hopeful... You are correct... But we'll see if we can vote out the commies and RINOs and start to mend this country.

AKA Joe Schweier
    -=JoesBBS.com=-

... The shortest distance between two points is under construction